CHAPTER NINETEEN

Once we got to the house, he got out of the car and opened the door for me, and I got out of it, staring at the large, completely beautiful house that stood before me. There was so much to see, and I was lost in it. I saw a huge garden in the back of it, filled with hundreds of vibrant, colorful flowers and small bushes.

            As we walked up the long driveway, the only way I was able to describe his house was like that of a castle. There was even a large iron gate protecting the house. All this was just so much to take it, I actually found myself getting a little nervous as we walked through the large, beautifully carved wooden door. We eventually walked inside, and without saying a word, I followed him. Of course everything I saw was top of the line, all brand name items. This including the furniture, lighting, and floors so clean you could probably eat off of them.  Even the paintings were so beautiful, though I noted one picture on the wall close to the stairs, and that was one with Walter and his sister. 

            "Shall we head upstairs?" he asked, breaking the silence.

            "Uh, sure, though now I have high expectations,” I said in a joking tone, trying to hide my nervousness.  

            He chuckled a little, “I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.” And with that, started to head upstairs.  I took a deep breath and started to follow him again, starting to feel my mood drop a little.

            Once we made it up the stairs, we took a left, heading down one of the hallways, until he stopped, unlocked a door and showed me a room. 

            "Miss. Laura, this is your room, and the room next to yours is mine. Since it might be difficult for you to share my room, I decided for us to have separate rooms. Servants are always around here, you can call them at anytime. But, if there is anytime where my sister comes to visit us, we will have to share the same room. Is that okay with you?" Walter explained to me.

            I stared at him for a while, not believing what I had just heard. My own room? And look at it, it was large, beautiful, and I had my own walk in closet! Hell, if he doesn’t give me a wedding gift, at least I have my own room.  I had a grin come across my face, and I guess Walter must have noticed because he had a slight grin of his own.

            “Well, Miss Laura, I’m glad you like it, any questions?” he asked.

            “Oh, no, this is wonderful, thank you,” I smiled at him, “Don’t be surprised if I don’t come out for a little while.”

            He laughed a little, “Alright, I’ll see you when I see you then.” And he turned around and walked away.  

            “Thank you again,” I said and went into the room, heading straight to the bed and jumped on it. As I guessed it, top of the line. It was so soft and wonderful, I already felt myself getting tired, and it was a long day after all.  

            When I awoke the next morning, it was 11:00am sharp. Wow, I really slept in. I sat up and stretched before I got up to change my clothing.  I suppose I had to look nice for everyone on my first official day here, so I washed my face and put on my usual makeup, I didn’t want to overdo it. In my mind I was debating whether or not I should go see Walter or not. I know he wasn’t able to take much time off of the wedding, so he may already be working. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

            I walked to the next room over and knocked on the door. There was silence for a little while, but the door eventually opened to reveal a rather tall man, an older man, in a suit.

            "Oh, hello there, you must be the Mistress, I am butler, but you can call me Frank if you would like.  I am responsible for pretty much everything in this house. Master left early in this morning for work, would you like some breakfast?” he asked in a very polite tone.

            "Uh, sure, anything is fine for me though,” I turned back moving towards my room, but then I stopped and turned back around, “Actually, do you think you can give me a tour of the house after breakfast?”

            "Of course, Mistress.”

            After breakfast, I went with butler to see this beautiful house. I took one week leave from the hospital because of the marriage thing, but not like it mattered anyway, it seemed like Walter wouldn’t be here for the most part.

            First, we went to the garden. There was so many different sections too it, I’m not sure I would be able to pick a favorite. Next was the music room, which was sadly locked. Then I went to the lounge area with the kitchen in the corner. A large flat screen TV and sofas with a plenty of cushions all were there. It was almost like heaven.

            By the time everything was settled and I finished the tour, it was evening. I tried to text John, but he was busy with his work. Jennie was with Paul doing shopping for her wedding after two weeks, so I waited for Walter till 10:00 pm. I played some of the video games that was in the lounge area, and once it got late enough, I turned it off and started to head upstairs, which is actually when I ran into him. He looked exhausted while I was a little annoyed.  

            "You look dead, I’m surprised you even went to work today, after all you just got mar-"

            "The butler was present and I can't leave my business even for one day," he interrupted me rather quickly.

            "Well, you should get to bed then,” I said, trying to lighten up, “stress will kill you, you know.”  

            “Yeah, yeah, I know,” he said with a yawn before he headed upstairs and went straight to his room. I and quickly went to mine, and shortly afterwards, I got a call from Jennie.

            "Hey my love! How is it going? What did he give you as a present? Did you guys do the do? May watched a romantic movie?"

            "Could you call me back, maybe tomorrow? I’m not in the mood to talk right now, I’m sorry, love you,” and I quickly hung up.

            And through the days this cycle continued, though it had its fun moments, I did begin to feel lonely, knowing he didn’t really care, and knowing that he never would.