CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

*not edited *

(Laura)

"Knock! Knock! Anyone in there?" called a voice.

My blood was boiling as we leaned away from each other. What the fuck?! I was so angry and I wanted to kill whoever had ruined the moment. Walter and me; our moment! Ruined! That desire to feel Walter's lips on mine and to kiss him passionately was crushed, forced back into the corners of my thoughts as anger overtook me. I cleared my head and was now back to my senses, watching as Walter clutched his laptop trying to impose the lie that nothing had happened.

"Who is it?" I snorted, wanting to throw a boiling cup of coffee on the intruding person.

"Mistress, it is me." The dear butler was standing, hands folded patiently in front of him, looking at me with a careful eye. I was trying to cool down and restrain from cursing him for ruining the start of something.

"What do you want?" I asked, stepping from Walter's room, my heart drowning in remorse. The butler continued to stare at my face rather than speak.

"Miss, are you well? Your face is red; it looks like you have a fever," he said to me with some hesitation.

"I am fine." I murmured, entering my own room but the butler interrupted me.

"Mr. Daniel is here to see you," he said, giving me a gentle smile.

I mentally screamed in annoyance while thinking, 'Daniel you really are something. What, I'm not quite sure yet.' I wanted to kill him I was so infuriated. Why is it that everyone suddenly wanted to be there when I was supposed to be having a moment with Walter?!

I clenched my fists tightly and ran downstairs to see what Daniel was doing there. I didn't want to see anyone and I was still thinking about my near miss of a first kiss with Walter. I wanted to run back up to his room and kiss him like my life depended on it.

'I don't know if an almost kiss means that he loves me or not. Maybe it was an awkward situation and I must have just misunderstood.' I was talking to myself now and I was smiling softly, my anger dissolving slightly. Entering the dining hall I found Daniel waiting for me.

"Hey!" He came forward, smiling at me and we shook hands.

I wasn't feeling so good anymore but I replied anyways, "Hey. What are you doing here?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Weren't you expecting me?" He chuckled, lifting his feet on the table.

I paused for a moment. "Oh! Definitely not! And this is not a pleasant surprise either!" I crossed my arms to show my anger. He raised his eyebrows looking at me giving a confused look.

"What? Did you and Walter have a fight?" he asked, turning his head and staring at the picture that was set on the table. Walter had always had it there, set up in it's black frame.

"Are you kidding me?" I chuckled. I noticed his staring at the picture. It was as if his eyes were glued to it.

"Should I call Walter?" My voice and body were stiff as a board with all the tension racked up.

"No! I just wanted to ask if you wanted to........ if you wanted to join me for a long walk?" He lowered his feet and stood.

'Why does he never want to talk to Walter? If they are like brothers then why are they so separated?' My mind felt dizzy.

"Yeah sure!" I replied smiling.

"Do you know who this person is in this picture?" Daniel asked, holding the picture in his hands and I could see his faced filled with joy. Walter seemed to be in his teens and an older man had his arms wrapped around him. It was Walter's graduation picture but I couldn't recognize the second person.