CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

*Not Edited *

Laura

As I was sitting in the garden having tea and I was getting bored. Ella and Walter had been busy with their office work. Their company was having problems these days I didn't know too much about. I decided to meet John at the coffee shop to discuss about our lives. I reached there in about half an hour and found him already waiting for me.

"Hey," he greeted me kissing my cheeks gently as we exchanged hugs.

"So, how is life? We don't even have time to talk to each other in the hospital so I decided to meet you here," he said.

"Yeah, I know. So what's up?" I asked taking a chair and looking around people.

"Just going to mom's place after this week. Laura, I wanted to tell you something." he said in a low voice with his facial expressions more serious than ever.

"Yeah, go ahead," I replied anxious to know.

"I think I really love Miss Ella. I think she is the most perfect woman I have ever met. I want to ask her out." while saying all these words I was shocked and looked like a complete block of ice. I didn't want him to know I was surprised.

"Are you really serious?" I choked because John has never been serious about women.

"Of course! Does it look like I am kidding?" he snorted while brushing his hair.

"You should ask her then. I don't know if she is going to be easy, like, I don't know if she is going to be in a relationship after what she faced in past, but you should try." I tried not to break his heart because I knew it was hard for Ella to love again.

"What do you mean? She had a previous relationship? Laura please be more pertinent!" he cried loud as I was sure that John did have feelings for her.

"You should ask her, not me." I said as my black coffee was served by the waiter.

"That means you are not going to help me?" he mumbled as I took a sip of the coffee.

"Yes," I said closing my eyes.

"And may I ask why?" he was disappointed.

"Because I want her to tell you by herself." I replied. He was silent for a while. I knew he was mad at me but I couldn't help because I never wanted to break the promise I made to her. I wouldn't go back on my word, "John, trust me I am trying to help you. It will be hard to love her and I think you should consider it again." I murmured trying not to mean what I just said.

"There is not a chance I can reconsider this. Laura, you have always been a great friend and for your sake I will ask her by myself." he smiled.

"That's more like you and don't come crying to me when you get rejected by her." I laughed hard.

"So tell me, are you happy with Walter? Does he make you happy?" he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, why do you always ask?" I shrugged giving him a weird look.

He smiled and then with a grin he said, "Because I want to make sure you're happy and because you and Jennie are the most important people in my life."

"And Ella too." I smirked as he laughed.

After having a long time gossip with him I returned to home to relax. As I checked my phone I realized I had texts from Stefan saying that he'll be coming to my place at evening.

'Why is he coming?' I was wondering.

Not knowing what to do I quickly dressed myself up and asked butler to cook something refreshing. After half an hour the doorbell rang and I quickly ran to see who it was and there was Stefan standing in front of me.