CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

This ring in the picture <3

Walter looked down into my eyes. "Maybe you wanted be here with me, or maybe you wanted to sleep with me?" He smirked, still holding my face tightly. My face was burning red when I noticed he was shirtless. Again. What is it with this guy and taking his shirt off?! He usually doesn't sleep with his shirt on, I guess. Nonetheless, I was feeling so awkward with his muscular body as close as it was to my smaller form.

"Just shut up, you idiot! Y-you jerk! I-"

He placed two fingers across my lips to keep me from adding more. "Ssh...I know." He whispered a bit too softly. I was becoming quite frightened by then, unsure of what he was trying to do. In my fear, I tried to free myself from his grasp and pushed him back with all my power.

"Your sister is here and she wants to sleep in my room! She is sleeping there and that's the only reason I am here! Do you understand?!" I groaned, resisting the want to slap his smug face.

"Because of Ella? Are you sure?" He chuckled. Apparently it was a funny situation to him.

"Look, Mr. Ice Man! I have no interest in sleeping with you or coming into your room! Just because Ella requested to sleep in MY room and if only I had to show her that we aren't living separately, I had to come here!" I blurted out in blind rage and annoyance.

"Ice Man? Is that my new pet name?" He grinned and I could see him holding back laughter.

"No! You know what, I don't even care! Think whatever you want! Just remember I hate you! You are a cruel and heartless jerk! I regret ever marrying you! You mean so-" I would have continued but Walter released me and jumped onto his bed, sprawling out his body.

"See, I am tired and I want to get some sleep. Besides, don't you ever think that I am going to let you sleep on the bed with me because I really don't like sharing my things." Wow! A true toddler. He covered himself in a blanket and closed his eyes. My mouth dropped as I saw how selfish he was being.

"Go to hell! F*** you!" I mumbled as I walked to a small sofa near the window. I curled up on top it, well that's my bed for night. Tears began to fall from my eyes as my heart bled in sorrow and pain. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep through the knife in my chest.

***

My eyes opened when I heard my phone ringing. I was still tired from last night's party and so I just wanted to sleep more. Thankfully it was Sunday so I didn't have to work. I shifted in the little sofa and reached for the phone lying on the floor, but my hands were awkwardly numb and my exhaustion wasn't helping.

"Who the hell is calling now?" I muttered to myself, finally managing to pickup the phone. "Hello! Who is this?" I asked, trying to stifle my yawning as I got up from the sofa and looked to the clock.

"It's me, madam, from the Cancer Society. We want you here today, it's urgent. Please be here by 8:00 am." The guy from the cancer society explained, but I was still planning to go back to sleep after.

"What's so urgent?" I didn't want to go.

"We will tell you when you arrive, Ma'am." With that the call ended. Wow! I have no life....like, seriously!

I got up from the sofa and saw Walter still sleeping comfortably in his big ole bed. I could have easily fit there last night. My legs were all stiff and I was feeling extremely agitated just watching Walter sleep. Why did he have to look so peaceful? I walked towards the washroom which was, of course. Like something from a fairy tale. It looked like a dream palace! So big and wonderful and with everything sparkling just as brightly as a diamond. Everything was modernized and yet it still looked like I had stepped into a different world's washroom!