CHAPTER THIRTY

Ignore typos I'll edit tomorrow

"Hey, you are trying too hard." I tried to writhe out of the firm grip he had on me.

"Don't get me wrong, Babe, I just did it so everyone would think that we are a lovely and content couple. I don't want people getting any wrong ideas, so I had to do it. Do you understand?" He whispered softly in my ears while peering, unrelenting, into my eyes.

'He really is a bastard, jerk, and an idiot! How could I even think he hugged me because he had feelings for me?! He is just so selfish!' I thought to myself. Finally he released me, a big cheeky grin on his face. I was so embarrassed and disappointed because everyone around had just seen me hugging him. I could hear people near whispering about it.

"What an adorable couple! I wish my husband would hug me so bravely like that! But no, four years and he hasn't even said a single kind or romantic word to me!" I could hear a woman whisper while passing by me with a couple of other women.

"Do you know that guy from anywhere?" Asked one of the woman's followers.

The woman thought for a moment, "I can remember his face....hmm..." Her eyes lit up in recognition and I cursed under my breath. "I know now! That young man is the owner of the famous company 'James Co-Operation'!" She proclaimed.

The other woman frowned, "That girl seems so ordinary..." She looked at me as if I was a pile of garbage with some hair growing on the top.

My blood boiled, hearing those shitty words said about me. 'This whole world is full of idiots and assholes.' I grumbled in my mind, rage festering. At that moment I wanted nothing more than to slap the makeup right off that fat woman's face! But of course the combination of 'morals' and the constricting lab coat I wore, I couldn't possibly commit such an awful act.

Yeah. Right. 'Give me a second to hide the coat,' I thought, picturing slapping the woman in my mind. I reveled in her made up reaction.

Walter's voice brought me from my fantasy. "Seems like people really hate you, better go and start your work my 'sweetheart'." He winked and started laughing.

I was kind of feeling embarrassed and pissed off and I just wanted to go in and start my work. WITHOUT having to deal with any assholes. As I moved forward and turned back, I saw Walter leaning on the front of his car and still watching me with that horrible smile. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to signal that I didn't like that. 'What the heck does this man think he's doing?' I muttered, not watching where was I going.

"What a romantic morning it seems." A hand rested atop my head and I knew who it was in an instant; John. As always.

"Better watch what you say." I warned, not looking at him and heading into the main hall.

He didn't remove his hand. "I could have sworn I saw him kiss you as well, whoa! You're blushing, Laura, stop acting like such a teenage girl. You know when a guy hugs a girl and then she can't refrain from turning beat red?" John really wasn't going to stop speaking after seeing Walter hugging me, was he? That bastard Walter has caused trouble for me and I wanted to kick John's ass now for mocking me. He doesn't know my reasons!

"Would you just shut your hole of a mouth up? What's the big deal; he just hugged me?! Huh?" I snorted and turned away since I didn't want to talk about it.

"Okay fine! I was just kidding! Geesh, girl, by the way how's your injury? Better now?" John asked, changing subjects easily.

I looked out the large sliding glass doors, through which I could see the outside world. Mainly just the parking lot, actually. Walter had gone but I was still wandering whether or not that hug was just to show the world that we are really a couple. But in reality I suppose it's just the opposite.