CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"I... I want you to marry me," he stopped. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I dropped my mouth when I heard those words and starred at him. I didn't speak a word, and I could tell he felt quite uncomfortable, "Because if you will marry me, I will be saved from marrying her. I know this is sudden and a... Very heavy request, but this marriage can be temporary. I will let you go and we will both find our own ideal person. For the time being we can help each other. We can make others think that we did marry out of love, I know it would be lying, but I believe we can help each other find true happiness," he explained to me.

I couldn't speak and I had no idea of what to say. Somehow I managed to clear my throat and then I started, "Why only me? Didn't you find any other woman?"
He looked into my eyes and then put his hands on his chin, "Because all the other women I've met would only agree for a large sum of cash."
"I don't know, but is this a contract?" I was anxiously looking at him.
"It's up to you, I'm not going to force you if you say no," He started eating the food.
The rest of the time we remained quiet. I didn't know what to do. How can I marry him? What does he want? Is he trying to take revenge? No he has nothing to take revenge for.
I loved him and I knew that I can't stop loving this man. He proposed to me, and that was unbelievable. He said that it was a contract, but I didn't want a contract. I wanted a real marriage in which two departed souls are meeting.
I was feeling quite shaky. I knew that I didn't have a good health to marry him. Jennie was worried about me to. She wanted me to marry because for some reason it would make everything better. Which it wouldn't, there's more than just marriage to look forward to in life. Look at me, I'm a successful doctor, I have money to spare, I could probably live on my own if I really wanted too. And I shouldn't have to marry someone just because my friends thinks so, it's my life, getting married is a big decision, I don't owe it to anyone but myself to get married. I told him I'd think about his offer.
I was smiling to myself during our drive back to home. His car was one of the best I have ever seen, and he was enough rich to have more four of them. He didn't speak a word. His driver was driving smoothly.
My heart was jumping inside. But I was confused to.
"Your home Ma'am," the driver said.
While closing the door he gazed me and said, "I will be waiting for your reply" and then he drove away.

I came home and hugged Jennie so hard. I couldn't stop blushing. I was hanging my arms around her neck. "What's the matter?" She asked, looking very surprised.
"Guess what?"
"What."
"I have found the guy. I will be getting married Jennie," I shouted and almost going red.
"But.."
"No questions, Jennie, too tired I will explain everything in the morning."

I ran upstairs and lay on my bed with my eyes closed. Remembering all the moments I looked at the stars. I hope I am not making the wrong decision. Though he was an asshole, who knows, maybe something could work out between us, it was worth a shot. Contract or favor?

A/N: So guys story is the story improving? Tell me in the comments
Beautiful banner by: crazylovers78