2

Danielle

"How was school Dani?" My mother asks me as I come home with my shirt soaking wet. She didn't notice since her back was facing me as she was starting to cook dinner for us.

Once she turned around she let out a gasp. "WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" She shouts, making me slightly flinch. "I'm sorry." She says realizing she shouted. I don't like loud noises.

"Some boys, one is named Shim jake...and a girl named Hanni Pham." I say while shrugging. Hanni Pham...

"I will call the school tomorrow morning!" She says. "It's fine mom. I'm fine." I say while slightly shivering but trying to hide it. The cold liquid running down my neck, then to my chest, sticking to my skin. Ugh why did it have to be coffee...

*Flashback to earlier afternoon*

"Are you going to eat that Dani?" Hyein asks me. "Yes. Why wouldn't I?" I ask as I begin getting spoonfuls of my lunch my mom made me and placing it to my mouth, gently blowing on the hot liquid. I feel Haerin scoot closer to me, pulling me into her embrace. "What are you doing?" I ask her as she interlocks our arms together. "N-nothing!" She stutters. Stuttering, people usually stutter when they are either nervous, lying, or something is wrong, or they can have speech problems. In this case, "What's wrong?" I ask Haerin and she stiffens giving me my answer.

I glance back to where her eyes keep looking and am meant with brown orbs staring into mine. Hanni Pham...why is she staring at me? She smirks as she gets up from her boyfriends lap and starts walking over to me. "Hey nerd!" She smiles sweetly at me, bittersweetly. "Hi." I say and move my attention back to my soup that was now beginning to get cold.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Hanni says as she grabs my chin and turns my head harshly to focus on her. "Well you weren't talking after I greeted you back so?" I say and she scoffs. "You bitch! Do you have to talk all smart all the time? Are you always this serious?" She asks me while placing a hand on her hip in a sassy manner. "Well yes I am always serious, it's better to be serious than think everything is a joke." I shrug my shoulders and continue to drink my soup.

"Hey nerd, are you thirsty?" She asks me. I look at her, "No-" I felt cold liquid being poured onto the top of my head, trailing it's way down my entire body, soaking all of my clothes. Well at least lunch was my last "class".

"HANNI!" Haerin shouts but before she does, she covers my ears.

"What she was thirsty! Right Nerd!?" Hanni smirks at me. "No I actually wasn't." I say and grab whatever napkins were around the table and pat dry some areas on my body. I hear hanni scoff before arguing with Haerin. I glance at hyein who seems to just be throwing death glares at Hanni while stuffing her face with rice.

I stand up and place my hands on haerin's shoulders, patting her gently and she seems to calm down a bit. "Haerin~a it's okay." I give her a small smile and see her nod at me but her fierce cat eyes glance back at Hanni who studies us. "Dykes." She says before bumping my shoulder and walking away.

"Well that was something!" Hyein chuckles.

*End of flashback*

"Dani when are you going to do something about these kids?!" My mother asks me. "You can't let them keep bullying you!" She says. "But that's what they want, they want me to do something. Why should I give them the satisfaction?" I frown and my mother sighs. "Danielle...want if the bullying gets more worse? What if it gets more violent?" My mother's eyes fill with worry and I soften just a little from her eyes. "Then maybe I'll do something." I shrug.

Then my doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." I tell my mother as she was about to head to the front door.

"Haerin? Hyein?" I asks as the door reveals my two best friends...and only friends standing before it. "We are sleeping over and walking to school together, and that's final!" Haerin and hyein say in unison as they barge into my house. "Okay." I say.

"Oh yeah Haerin and hyein!" My mother hugs my friends. "Hey Ms.Marsh!" They smile and hug her back. Sometimes I feel like they could be my sister's, the way my mother treats them like if they are her own daughters like me, might just be our friendship though.

"Good thing I made extra!" My mother smiles and my friends chuckle. "It'll be ready in a out 10 minutes so go get comfortable girls!" She says and I lead my friends up to my room.

"You do know it's a school night right? Why do you want to have a sleepover today? It's Monday?" I ask them. "Because we missed you! Especially Haerin!" Hyein smirks and Haerin throws hyein onto my bed, knocking over some of my plushies. "Hey! Be careful!" I say and run to my favorite plush toy that fell off my bed.

"I'm sorry." Haerin immediately apologized but I pay no attention to it as I rub my stuffed toy. "This has always been my favorite toy since I was a baby..." I say out loud making them listen carefully to my words. "I don't know why..." I sigh in frustration at my bad memory sometimes. "It's a cute sunflower! I like the eyes it has, gives it the soft, adorable look! Almost looks like you!" Hyein chuckles as her and Haerin examine my plushy and me.

"Girls! Dinner is ready!" My mother knocks on the door and then heads back downstairs.

"LETS GO EAT!" Hyein says with excitement in her voice as she jumps off my bed, sliding into her slippers and running downstairs.

"She's such a baby!" Haerin chuckles. "I don't think so, babies don't know how to walk or talk that well and hyein clearly can do both." I say and Haerin chuckles at me. "What?" I ask. "You're cute." She smiles at me. "Thanks." I nod at her and we head downstairs to eat.

-

"I'm stuffed." Hyein says. "Well you did have like 3 servings!" Haerin rolls her eyes. I chuckle softly at my friends who argue with each other over the littlest things.

I glance at my clock to see it is already 10pm. "Time for bed." I say as I put my skincare on, I already brushed my teeth a long time ago, right after dinner. "What?! No!" Hyein whines. "We have school tomorrow guys!" I say and they nod in agreement.

"They better not mess with you or I will hit them." Haerin says as I turn the light off and lay next to her, hyein is laying on my little couche in the corner of my room. "Violence isn't always the answer." I say and Haerin sighs. She turns so she is fully facing me. "Danielle...I really can't stand how you do nothing and let them treat you like shit." She says as she caresses my cheek. "It hurts me when you let them...I love you a lot and don't want to see you get hurt or get insulted by anyone!" She says as she stares deeply into my eyes.

I placed my hand on top of hers and place a small kiss on the back of her hand. "Okay...I will try." I say and she smiles. "Please...it will make me happy." She says.  Happy? Am I happy?

*************
Aww cute daerin friendship 🤗this ain't no daerin fanfic though so HA!