14

Danielle

It's time for school.

I get up as usual at my set alarm for everything, I begin to get ready, doing my daily skincare and light makeup.

I hear a light knock on my bedroom door. "Dani? Your friends are downstairs!" My mother shouts on the other side of the door. I open it and head downstairs to see hyein and Haerin. My eyes immediately glances towards haerin's neck. I walk over to her and lift her head up without a warning, examining her neck. "Haerin~a! Who did this to you?" I frown and she blushes. "Minji did." Hyein snorts and Haerin pinches her in the side. "Ouch! You always do that! Even when I made fun of your old dancing videos!" Hyein laughs and Haerin pinches her again. "You made fun of me what do you expect!" Haerin rolls her eyes.

"No I was adoring you! There's a difference!" Hyein rolls her eyes. "Minji did this to you?" I say, completely ignoring their mini argument. She scraped the back of her nape with her hand nervously before nodding to my question. I hit her shoulder, "Haerin!!" I say and she laughs lightly. "What!?" She backs away from my shoulder hits. "Damn y'all gays do move fast huh-" Hyein says as she comes back from my kitchen with a few cookies in her hand. "Are you eating my cookies?" I ask and snatch them away from her.

"Hey hey! Your mom said I can have one!" Hyein pouts. "If she said one then you can have only one because that is what she said!" I say and keep my cookies a good distance away from her. "Anyways, school!" Haerin says as she wraps her arm around mine and hyein does the same to the other arm as they drag me out of my own house.

"bye girls be careful!" My mother shouts quickly as we exit the house.

-

My friends and I arrive at school, we immediately go to our designated lockers to grab our basic school needs before classes start.

I walk over to my locker and see it's blocked by Jake...and hanni. "Stop looking at my girlfriend like that dyke!" Jake scoffs at me. "Like what? I'm just looking at her?" I shrug my shoulders and he lets out a dry laugh. "Deep in your eyes I can see you harvest feelings for my girlfriend!" He says while stepping closer to me and leaning next to my ear.

"And let my tell you something...she screams my name every night...not yours...it will never be yours. She keeps me warm at night..." He smirks as he pats my shoulder, roughly. I don't want to let his little threats effect me but...does she really scream his name every night? Did she really sleep with a guy like him?

"Can you please move? I need to get my notebook." I say showing him no reaction, I know it's what he wanted. "Aww she said please!" He pouts but then laughs loudly afterwards. My eyes glance at Hanni and see she was looking at me with these warm soft eyes but then they immediately switch to her usual cold ones.

"Beg for us to move." Hanni snickers. "Please move." I say while staring into her eyes, looking for the warmth I just saw a few moments ago. Nothing...maybe Haerin is right.

"You're not begging hard enough dyke!" Jake laughs as his hand wraps around Hanni's waist. My eyes follow his arm movements before looking back up into his and see his little smirk on his face. "Dani!" Haerin says as she comes up next to me. "What's going on?" She asks me but as soon as we make eye contact, she knows. "They won't move as usual." I say to Haerin.

"Move." Minji comes up from behind me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and glaring at Jake and hanni. "Another one? I almost forgot you guys are all dykes...are all dykes ugly?" Jake laughs. Minji shoves him out of the way and he stumbled over Hanni's leg, causing him to fall and almost hanni as well.

"Bitch!" He yells and stands up, brushing off some dirt that got on his clothes. "I said move and you didn't move so I moved you out of the way myself!" Minji flashes him a gummy smile.

I walk to my locker, putting the code in and unlocking it, not sparing anyone a glance although I can feel everyone's eyes on me...even Hanni's. "I don't know why y'all bother protecting this freak! She literally wants nothing to do with y'all! Shes too slow to realize anything!" Jake says. Minji walks up to him and punches him in the face.

"How about you shut the fuck up for once? It will do us all a favor!" She smiles after as he holds his nose. "Babe! Is my nose broken?!" He asks with panic as he looks at Hanni for an answer. "Yes." Hanni says but she isn't looking at him, she's looking at me and she has been for the past few minutes, it's really starting to make me uncomfortable again.

"Let's go to class Danielle." Minji and Haerin both say to me as they wrap their arms around mine and drag me away from the couple. Couple...

"Dani...are you okay?" Haerin hesitantly asks me. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be okay Haerin?" I frown at her question. She gives me a small smile before avoiding eye contact with me. I hear minji let out a low sigh next to me. "Better to stay away from her Dani..." Minji suddenly says. I stop in my tracks.

"Stay away from who?!" I nearly shout. Haerin comes to me and tries to calm me down, by holding my hands in hers but I yank them away. "Stay away from hanni. Danielle...you see how two faced she is! She was letting her dickhead of a boyfriend bully you! If she really liked you, she wouldn't let that slide! She would defend you!" Minji sighs out.

"I-its her situation! She has to keep up the image! I-its what she told me! She can't be her true self! She doesn't want to be looked d-down upon!" I say a little too fast. "Dani it's okay calm down." Haerin says to me in a soft voice but it's not working. It's hot in here...why am I sweating?!

"Danielle, I know what I'm telling you! You'll only get hurt! Just like how you are hurt now! I can see it all over your face, you feel betrayed! You feel like whatever the connection you and her had was fake...and it was!" Minji continues. I can't, I can't...

I push both Haerin and minji away from me, making them stumble backwards as I don't look back and just keep running. A few students in the hallway moved out of the way to avoid crashing into me. I can't, it's suffocating, I feel like I couldn't breath in that building. But why? I was fine earlier...

I make it out of the school and I'm standing near a tree that is at the front of the school, facing the street. My hands clutch my chest. "It hurts..." I mumble to myself, biting on my lower lip as I try to clutch whatever is in my chest that is causing me such a heavy pain.

Is this what a heartbreak feels like?

***************
If y'all saw that whole smut story between me and bae, ignore it🏃🏻‍♀️