19

Hanni

"Mom are you okay?" I ask Through our phone call. "Y-yes sweetie I'm fine." She stutters out, I know she isn't fine.

It's been about a month since I've left my home and started living with Danielle. I know my dad abused my mom extra because I'm gone...

I hear glass shattered through the phone line, causing me to pull my phone away from ear. "MOM!?" I yell through the phone and hear her lowly groan. "HANNI? IS THAT YOU?!" An angry deep voice is heard from the phone. My dad...he isn't like a dad if you think about it. What kind of parent would ever abuse their child? It's not right...

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" He yells. "IF YOU DONT TELL ME RIGHT NOW, I WILL KILL YOUR MOTHER! DONT THINK I WON'T DO IT, YOU KNOW WHAT IM CAPABLE OF!" He says angrily and I can only let out small, scared cries. I don't want to tell him, but I don't want my mother to die either, she's my mother I need her...

"Hanni? Is everything okay?" Danielle's soft sweet voice calls from behind me as she peeks her head into our room. Danielle and I have gotten real close, but I still don't feel too comfortable in sharing how badly my father abuses my mother and I with her.

"Hanni..." Danielle widens her eyes as she sees me crying while clutching my phone tightly, too scared to do anything and too scared to let go. Danielle comes up and rubs my shoulders softly while looking at me with worried eyes. "Tell me...what's going on?" She asks softly.

"IS THAT THE GIRL WHO MADE YOU GAY? THE ONE WHO HAD LEFT JAKE FOR? OH WOW- YOU'VE BEEN WITH HER? LET ME GUESS, BEEN LIVING YOUR LESBIAN, DYKE LIFE WITH HER? HANNI PHAM IF YOU DON'T COME HERE BY TONIGHT, I. WILL. KILL. YOUR. MOTHER." My father shouts one last time before hanging up the phone.

"He wouldn't actually...do that right?" Danielle asks. I look up at her with teary eyes and slowly nod. She gasps, covering her mouth and then quickly hugging me. I immediately melt into her warm embrace. "Danielle...I don't know what to do..." I cry into her shoulder. "Police." Danielle says. "He can pay anyone off Danielle..." I say sadly. "Let's ask my mom for help." Danielle grabs my hand and pulls me out the room and downstairs where her mother was being seated in the kitchen.

"Mom! Can you help us?" Danielle asks her mom who turned down the music and dried her hands. "What's up sweetie?" She asks. Danielle looks at me for confirmation and I nod. "Hanni's...dad threatened to kill her mother...if Hanni didn't return back to her house by tonight, but he abuses them...it isn't safe for her..." Danielle says and her mom looks shocked. "That's why you came here hanni?! Oh my god..." Her mom comes and hugs me, so warm.

"I said we can go to police but she says he can just pay them off!" Danielle rubs her temples. "I know someone...I'll call him here right now and we can all discuss together!" Her mother says while running to her phone and leaving the room to make a call.

Who is she gonna call?

-

Danielle

It's been about an hour now after my mom had made the call. She was so secretive about it and kept glancing back at me as she made the call, is she hiding something?

Suddenly a knock was heard on our front door, breaking hanni and I out of our thoughts. My mother rushed to the door and glances back at me with an awkward smile on her face?

A man steps into the house, I look at his nice shoes and pants, his entire outfit actually and then I see his face...

"Mr. LEE?" Hanni and I both say at the same time while jolting up from our seats. He awkwardly smiles at me and hanni while showing a small wave.

"Danielle...um...how do I explain this?" My mother scratches the back of her head. "Your friends with my teacher? Not hard to explain mom." I say.

"Well no...not necessarily friends...um...Mr. Lee or...Felix...is your dad..." My mom says making my mouth drop and eyes widen. Hanni rubs circle on the palm of my hand with her thumb. "What?" I frown. "Danielle...I..." Mr. Lee, no Felix, sighs out. "I'm sorry...I really am Danielle. I was just...scared." He glances down not meeting my frowning eyes. He walks up to me and gets on his knees. I widen my eyes at his action.

"Forgive me, Danielle. Is it okay if I can try again? Maybe after I help you and hanni?" He smiles slowly, hopefully. I glance at Hanni and see how she is genuinely touched by his words and actions. Then I glance back at him, "If you can help me with hanni, then I will gladly give you another chance......dad." I form a small smirk and see him smile and jump up.

"So what are we going to do?" I ask everyone. "I can give my friend who is a police officer a call, and no he isn't the fake ones who easily get manipulated by money, he's a good cop!" Felix smiles.

"Cool, what's his name?" Hanni asks.

"His names Bangchan!" Felix smiles. "Let's go see him now and your father will definitely not be hurting anyone anymore! Also did he call you? Or did you speak on the phone with him?" Felix asks hanni. "Well he took my mom's phone from her and started talking to me or more like yelling at me and threatening me." Hanni says.

"That's good...we can replay the call and record it and the police office!" Felix shows a hard smile. "Let's go girls!" He says and we follow him out to his car, all of us.

Hanni's father ends tonight!

**************
Slayyyy sorry y'all, been a little sick😕and busy with work and new phones and getting an id, UGHHHH adulting 😒🔫