20

Danielle

We arrive at the police office and Felix immediately gets us to bangchan office just by the mention of his friends name.

"Oi! Felix! What's up bro?!" Bangchan shows a wide smile at Felix who shows a wide smile as well. "Hey!! Chan, I need your help bro!" Felix smiles turns into a serious face. "What is it?" Bangchan asks with seriousness laced in his voice.

"My daughter's..." Felix glances at us. "Girlfriend." Hanni smiles and I smile too. "My daughter's girlfriend is in trouble and her father is...a maniac." Felix sighs. "He abuses his daughter and wife and he threatened hanni over the phone while she was on call with her mother, he said he will kill her mother if she doesn't come back by tonight, so...Chan can you get this man out of their life?" Felix pleads.

"He also bribes people with money, and they obviously get manipulated by it...don't be that person chan." Felix quirks an eyebrow at chan. "You know I'm not that type of guy Yongbok. Plus I already have Money." Bangchan smiles warmly at Felix. "Yongbok?" I blurt out. "It's my Korean name.." Felix smiles at me. "Oh...you aren't from here?" I ask him. "I'm from Australia Danielle." He says. "Explains where you got your accent from." He smiles at me. I never noticed I had one...

"Want me to kill him or what?" Chan asks as he reloads his gun. "Woah chan I didn't mean-", "YES! KILL HIM!" Hanni yells with excitement but stops once it's dead silent. "I mean...you know there are always other options I guess..." She rubs the back of her nape awkwardly.

"You need to make home suffer...what is a reasonable punishment for him?" Felix asks Chan who places a finger in his chin in a thinking motion.

"20 years in prison." Bangchan says. Felix glances back at Hanni and I. "What you think?" He asks us, more like hanni. "What if he still tries to get me after his time is up in prison?" Hanni mutters out. "How old is he right now?" I ask. "53 years old." Hanni says. "Yeah he should be older by the time he gets out so...he will either have a hard time moving or be closer to death by the time he is done in prison." I say calmly.

"Hope it's closer to death though." I say with seriousness.

"Let's go." Bangchan says and we follow him. "What's the address?" Bangchan asks hanni and she tells him her address. "Backup guys! Head to the address I just sent out to y'all!" Bangchan yells on his walkie talkie to the other officers on dispatch. "You guys can follow but don't put yourselves in dangerous positions!" Bangchan says to us and Felix and my mom. We nod and head to Felix car to follow chan and other officers to the abusers house.

-

Upon arriving to the house the outside is complete dark, only the sound of the wind brushing up against the leaves of the trees. It was even pitch black in the house as well...

We tiptoe behind Bangchan, as he seems to be scoping out the area. "It's too quiet..." I whisper and he nods in aggreement. Then a female scream was heard from inside the house. "Mom!" Hanni whisper shouts and tries to run off inside the house but I grab her arm, stopping her in the process. "Hanni not yet, it's too dangerous!" I say and she looks back at her house, then me.

"But my mom!" She says with tears in her eyes. I sigh and pull her into a hug, "They'll get him hanni! And they'll save your mom, trust me on this." I rub her back gently as some of her teardrops fall on my shoulder. "We are going in!" Bangchan says to us as his dispatch arrived on time.

We follow behind them at a fair distance, not too close and not too far.

Bangchan creaks open the door slowly and peaks in, glancing around every area of the house. He looks back and gestures for his team to go in, along with him leading.

Hanni and my parents and I watch from behind Bangchan once he breaks open a room door and s gunshot was heard, making me flinch and cover my ears. Hanni quickly looks at me and covers my ears with her brands while glancing back at Bangchan.

Bangchan walks into the room, dragging a man with a bloody shirt out of there room. "Is this him?" Chan asks hanni through the window. She nods, eyes glistening with anger, so much anger. Hanni storms away from the window and into the house, too fast for me to catch her in time.

Hanni

I enter the house with a red face fuming with anger. I walk over to my "dad" and punch him in the face, continuously. "You are an asshole! How could you even consider yourself a father? Or even a husband? Your so cold hearted, you fucking have no heart! DIE!" I scream out as tears run down my face due from sadness from the thought of losing my mother and from anger that my father causes me everyday.

Warm arms Wrap around me, bringing me back to my senses. "Hanni stop! You'll kill him..." Danielle whispers softly in my ear. I sigh and realize my hand is completely covered in blood, well not as much as the assholes face. "Let him do his time in prison, I guarantee you he'll suffer a lot in there, just like you want him to right?" Danielle says as her warm eyes stare into mine.

I nod in agreement with her and she grabs my hand, that isn't bloody and takes me away from the asshole. "Well buddy! You're going to spend some time in jail for a few years, and b few I mean 20 years!" Bangchan smile sarcastic as he puts my dad in handcuffs and drags him out of the house.

Footsteps were heard from the room, revealing my mother who was completely fine, only a few bruises on her arms and face but she was...alive! "MOM!" I scream out and run to hug her. "Hanni!" She screams out and returns my hug. We stay hugging for a while until she pulls away and caresses my cheek. "My daughter...I'm so happy you're here!" She kisses my cheek. "I'm happy you're alive mom!" A tear runs down my cheek and she wipes it away.

My mother glances back behind me, looking at Danielle. "You must be the girl my daughter is in love with?!" My mother says to Danielle and it instantly makes me blush.

"MOM-" she puts her hand over my mouth, making me be quiet in the process. "Let's all have dinner, I want to know more about you!" My mother says to Danielle which makes her smile awkwardly but cutely, then she nods in agreement.

"How about dinner right now?" My mother smiles and grabs both of our hands and takes us to her car.

"Hey guys what- don't stay out too late Danielle!" Felix yells to Danielle who just nods and Felix chuckles before going to his own car.

She's gonna embarrass me.....

***************

Next chapter is probably going to be the last chapter of this book-🤞🏻