Something's Always Wrong

I had been avoiding both Jamie and Eddie the last few days by hiding at work. Anything that kept me busy and away from the apartment. I knew Chris was just loving the extra attention he was getting from a whiny, spoiled brat named Jamie. I am not so sure about Eddie though. Even though I have made sure to stay away from the apartment as much as possible, apart of me was hoping he had been by looking for me. The longer I had thought about what had happened between us, the more drawn to Eddie I had become. I didn't stay away from Eddie because I wanted to. No I stayed away to keep Jamie away from him.

Eddie doesn't deserve my drama and so I chose to keep my bullshit from reaching his doorstep. I was missing him though. Eddie knew how to make me laugh and blush at the same time. I never had that with anyone.

The bell above the door rang while I was going over our sales. "Welcome, if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask." I called out over my shoulder, not even thinking to look up. Foot steps sounded till they stopped just short of the register where I stood near by. "I do have a question. Why are you avoiding me...again?" My heart skipped from the sound of his voice. I closed my eyes for a small moment and then looked up, connecting with the deep sense of wanting to swim in those blue eyes of his. I thought I could easily buy more time in staying away for just a few more days. I wasn't predicting this happening.

"Eddie, what are you doing here?" I looked around as my nerves kicked in. I was not ready to be confronted just yet. I moved out from the register and made myself busy, putting vinyls and CDs back where they belonged. Eddie staying close as he made sure to keep his voice down. Not trying to gain unwanted attention. "What am I doing here? I am here trying to gain the attention of a woman I am committed to because she won't speak to me." Eddie stood in front of my path, keeping me in place. I chanced it and finally looked at him. God I missed him. Wait, did he say he was committed to me?

I knew having Eddie here was trouble. It wasn't smart to have him showing up here. "I'm sorry. I just have an unwanted house guest right now and it's very draining." I finally caved. Eddie knotted his brows, "Is that why Cornell had been moody last few days?" Wait, Chris was getting frustrated with Jamie? Wait, why would that surprise me? I sighed and nodded either way. Eddie took a step forward, having me bump into a shelf where he pinned me. My heart began to pound within my chest. Eddie dragged his finger gently up my arm, across my collarbone, making its way towards my jaw when he grabbed a piece of hair and tucked it behind my ear.

By this time I lost my will to speak, so I stayed quiet as I watched him stare intently at me. Leaning in till his nose and lips lightly touched my sensitive skin along my cheek. "I miss you. I need to talk to you. Please tell me you will meet me back at my place once you get off work." He breathed. I was about to interject but his lips shut me up before I could say a word. I stepped back from the deep kiss, allowing a little space between us while I tried to wrap my head with what was happening. All at my work even. "I can't." I tried to speak but was cut off. "I need to talk to you. Stone will be there if that makes you feel better." Eddie spoke over, his eyes piercing mine. I couldn't deny him. "Fine but to talk." I finally agreed. Eddie accepted my answer and turned to exit the store. I was so confused in what just happened.

Stevie was in the back the whole time Eddie had showed up and she could tell that I was flustered. I had tried to stay away but yet he came and found me. "Are you ok Lennon?" Stevie asked, eyeing me closely now that my body language had changed. I bit my lip and thought if it was safe to tell her. "Eddie showed up just a moment ago." I caught myself rubbing my arm from the worked up anxiety. Was me meeting Eddie a good idea right now? "Lennon you can't. Jamie.." she allowed her sentence to linger and she wasn't wrong either. Jamie was going to be waiting for my return. Knowing that Jamie planned to stay till New Years was upsetting me. I came to escape everything in San Diego, to live a little....but he followed.