Seperate Ways

Had been an over a week since I have last seen or heard from Eddie and I was far from being upset. Not only was I embarrassed to be walked in on but not once had he dared to reach out to me since his ex had showed up. Nothing. Jamie gave me space like I had asked but he was driving Chris up the wall. My poor friends were struggling with him and I felt absolutely terrible.

Jamie was not meant to be a city boy and was struggling to adapt to Seattle life. Going out and enjoying the night life was not something Jamie saw as fun, so a lot of the times I was either made to stay in with him or endure him complaining whenever we brought him anywhere with us. Would it be so bad if we drove him out to the middle of nowhere and just left him? I mean the thought had crossed once or twice.

"Alright, so we are going out tonight and karaoke is what the plan is." Chris walked through the door, dropping his keys and wallet on the kitchen counter. Liam, Stevie and I were watching a show when we looked over the couch and saw Chris staring right back. "Karaoke?" Stevie repeated back. Seattle had a karaoke bar? Chris nodded, "Yes, we are meeting up over at that new club that just opened up. Apparently they have karaoke nights there." Jamie stepped out of the bathroom after having a shower, catching only the last part of what Chris had said.

"Wait, you guys are going out again?" He whined. I rolled my eyes, I was already fed up with him talking. I cannot believe I thought I was in love with this man. I was so naive! Chris looked at Jamie like he was the least exciting thing to stare at, it was kind of comical to witness. "Why yes we are going out again. I mean, us adults worked all week and now it is the weekend." Chris tried dumbing it down since Jamie didn't work. To Jamie, he was on vacation.

I looked at my nail polish that was starting to peel, "Who all is going?" I dared to ask. Please don't say Eddie. "Well not you Lennon." Jamie's butted in. Chris glared at Jamie and snapped his fingers to shut him up "You are not to tell her what she can and cannot do. Especially in front of me." Chris gritted his teeth. Yeah, he was done with Jamie's shit.

Turning his attention to me, "Eddie, Jeff, Stone, Mike, Jerry and us." I sighed and closed my eyes, of course Eddie. I haven't told my friends that Eddie and I had slept together, I don't even think they know we have kissed. Think I will keep it that way but yet I have to pretend that everything was alright. I rubbed my face and stood up from the couch. "Alright well I am in. I could use a night out." I spoke even though Jamie was glaring at me. When Chris was not around, Jamie became rude and bossy but because he was scared of Chris, he behaved when he was around. I knew what I had said was upsetting him but I didn't care.

Jamie dried his hair before walking over towards me. "Baby, I was hoping we could stay in tonight." Reaching out to rub my arm. I naturally moved out of his reach. I still haven't allowed Jamie to touch nor kiss me since he showed up. I knew we were over but for some reason he was struggling with it. I was too nice to embarrass him in front of everyone, so figured to wait till we were back in California before I reminded him. Nights were becoming difficult since he demanded to share a bed with me. So going out was one thing I looked forward to.

"Yeah Jamie, I want to go out. I mean you can stay here if you choose to but I want to go have fun with my friends." I was tired of babying his feelings. "Fine then I will go out with you." Jamie was upset. I gave him a thumbs up and made my way to my room to get changed. Hearing the door open and close behind me had me assume that he followed me but when I went to confront him, I saw Stevie instead. "Lennon, you are too nice to him. Why?" My best friend was becoming concerned. Stevie knew that I didn't want to be Jamie anymore but could not understand why I was allowing him to have his way.

I pulled on a pair of ripped jeans and a simple grey shirt, pairing it with an oversized plaid button up that I am sure belonged to Chris. "Part of me feels bad for him." I mumbled, trying to figure out what I should do with my wavy hair. Figured putting it half up was enough. Stevie looked at me confused, "Why would you feel bad for that drama king?" She asked as she held her thumb over her shoulder. I smirked and knew she was only protecting me. "Because I am all he knows. Jamie's parents have him so far up on a pedal stool that if he makes any wrong move, they tear into him. I am the only person who won't." Shrugging as I answered her question. Jamie's parents expected so much from their perfect son, I am sure he is a frightened little boy inside. I would feel bad to just turn him away all because to him I bring comfort.