Chapter 6.1: Ep 2/2

Gun stood beneath the colorful flickering lights, surrounded by massive loudspeakers echoing the sounds of instruments, so loud that Gun could not hear his own voice. High beams of light sometimes shine down below the stage, gliding through the elegant tables and sparsely populated.

"Sorry kids, you guys have played for hours and the audience is so sparse."

The proprietor of the tavern gave them a tiny envelope with some cash after their performance.

Gun discreetly accepted the envelope and tucked it away in his pocket. He then cast a quick glance at his pals, who were all sweaty and exhausted after performing music for so long.

Seemingly noticing Gun's troubled look, the proprietor continued.

"You know, here mostly people come at night. No one wants to go to a bar like this in the evening."

Touching the thin piece of paper in his pocket, Gun pursed his lips slightly.

"I heard that your bar still lacks people to play at night shift, right?" Gun honestly said, "Actually, we-uhm, no. I mean I can come to sing at night."

No one appeared to notice that Gun was talking to the proprietor there cause Chinzhilla were fiddling with their instruments on stage. And even if they tried, they were unable to hear the conversation as the noisy audio music coming from the speaker right next to them.

The proprietor shook his head.

"You guys are too young, I can't stand it. People under the age of 18 are not allowed to stay here after 12p.m."

Gun was a little startled, even though he knew the night shift would start and end very late, he did not expect it to be so late. Come to think of it, since it was called a night shift, it must have been past midnight.

Gun had never worked, let alone worked at night. At the most, he helps Mrs Gim's work, sometimes delivers orders for her, and at the latest when he gets home, it is just over 10pm. Gun was not prejudiced in the least, but he was still a juvenile after all, and it was risky for him to work from midnight to dawn in places like that. But at a time when he was about to give up, the proprietor spoke again.

"If you truly want to sing for money, you may try this bar. They need another band to play at the night shift because they recently opened a second floor. However, let me first tell you that they accept minors there, which means there are no regulations and it's so messy."

Looking at the business card in front of him, Gun subconsciously took it, nodding his head in determination.

"It's okay, I'll pay attention. Thank you Phi."

"Just in time for tomorrow night they lack a lead singer, if you want to try you can contact them."

_______

Gun thought a lot about both the business card and the envelope in his pocket. With a meager salary and such a pointless workload, he would never be able to help Tinn. While Chinzhiila will not be able to perform on the night shift as Yo and Pat have to be at home before 9pm, it seems that the most feasible way is still Gun must become a lab rat first.

Thinking about doing it, Gun dialed the phone number on the business card and contacted the other end. What a liberal bar, you just need to tell your name and they will agree to let you come singing right away because the bar was under renovation and urgently needed a lead singer. But they required a deposit of 1000 baht in advance to make sure that he will come working. If tomorrow he sings too badly and receives negative feedback from the audience, he will not only not receive his salary but also lose his deposit. Gun did not hesitate to transfer the 1000 to them.