Chapter 7.2: Ep 3/1

Friends. As painful as it sounds, Gun thought that being rejected outright might not be the most painful thing. Having to continue to hide one's obvious feelings from someone who knows it well under the disguise of friendship is the worst thing about love.

"Yes. That's right."

Gun muttered under his breath. He clutched the corner of the blanket in his palm, preventing himself from bursting into sobs.

"T-Tinn" Gun tried to adjust his voice. "I'm sleepy. G-Good night."

Then he turned his back to face the other side of the bed, tears silently falling from his eyes, soaking the pillow.

"Good night, Gun." He heard Tinn's monotonous voice and Tinn's turn.

Gun felt his vision blurred from crying. Since he was lying on his side, he could not cover his nose and hold his head up like Tinn had told him before. He shakily put his index finger in his mouth and bit down hard to stop himself from shaking. He saw himself as stupid for being so weak and overreacting.

From the first moment when he saw Tinn in this "past" , seeing that cold, alien gaze, he had to know that things would never be the same again. Tinn does not love him, and will never love him, no matter how hard he tries. Gun hated the way that love kept blossoming in his heart, like a plant longing for sunlight, just waiting for the chance to reach out through his chest to catch the morning sun. Gun was no different, now he yearns for the warmth and love of Tinn, like a pious lamb longing for divine blessings.

He missed Tinn's hug madly, remembered each steady hand holding, missed their awkward first kiss, missed Tinn's comforting touch, missed the gentle scent of bitter tea melting in Tinn's skin. He even missed the passionate gaze every time Tinn looked at him. But, however, all of that now exists only in Gun's memory.

Gun is not a quick-witted person, he is very forgetful. He could not even remember the exercises that Tinn instructed him to copy over and over again. So he was very afraid, afraid that one day he would also forget those memories, also forget a Tinn that only belonged to him. Then all evidence, even just in his mind, that he and Tinn were once lovers will disappear from this world.

No, by all means he has to store them. But how can he store images that only exist in his head? Gun used to write a diary when he was a child, later when he was cleaning the house, he accidentally re-read those old confidants. And he could not even remember the stories in them anymore. Is it possible that later, when rereading what was between him and Tinn, he will also only feel like a third person reading a story about two strangers who are not himself?

"Gun"

"Gun"

"Gun"

Gun heard a familiar voice eagerly calling his name, then a warm hand gently touched his trembling shoulder.

"Please don't cry"

Tinn turned him around, at this time Gun's face was smeared with tears. His nose was red, his eyes were swollen with tears. He held his breath until he was dizzy, to the point that he could not see the person in front of him clearly.

Tinn was a bit stunned, and did not think that Gun would cry that much. He gently pulled him into his arms, slowly patting the back of his neck.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here."

Gun sobbed loudly in Tinn's arms, he also wrapped his arms around Tinn's shirt, choking without words.

"T-Tinn... I miss you so much."

_______

Tinn finally coaxed Gun to sleep, but in exchange it was him who could not sleep now. Everything that happened just now was still imprinted in Tinn's mind. He had originally intended to go to bed early and wake up early to write his essay tomorrow. But for some reason, as soon as he closed his eyes, he heard the soft sniffle of the person next to him. At first, he thought it was because of hallucination, but when he turned around and saw Gun's trembling shoulders under the blanket, he stupidly realized Gun was crying.