Chapter 6.2: Ep 2/2

"You guys can now request a second song."

Win hastily opened his idol's youtube channel, but it was still a bit late, he already missed the first song. Maybe it was because Win still unintentionally stopped by the musical instrument shop on the way back. He searched around but could not find his dearness guitar, only to realize it was already someone else's.

As soon as he got home, he rushed straight into his room and turned on SoundAbout's channel. SoundAbout is an extremely popular electric guitarist among the young generation, in part because of his excellent playing technique and in part due to his breathtakingly attractive face, which has caused many of them to start watching his videos and livestreams solely for the sake of admiring him.

But one of the things that Win respects him for is that even if thousands of people scream his handsomeness, this person will still only publish videos of himself playing the guitar, not encroaching on any other content. Even his livestreams focus on playing an instrument or singing and occasionally responding to a few questions from subscribers, the frequency of this person's new video updates and livestreams is extremely meager.

It would be inaccurate to describe SoundAbout as his idol, but Win was really taken with the way he played music. It seemed as though he and this man shared a similar grasp of music, possibly as a result of their same ages and similar tastes in musical instruments. For the first time, Win did not feel envious of a better guitarist in his age.

It sounds like Win is so petty. Rather, for his peers, Win will feel competitive. As opposed to his seniors or skilled musicians, he just simply admired them.

Win has been quietly watching each SoundAbout video for nearly half a year, and in that half a year, this is his second livestream. And the irony is that Win missed the first livestream because of oversleeping.

SoundAbout finished playing the second song. Win had to listen to it while occasionally checking the red record button on the screen to be sure that he had recorded this livestream. There is a whole playlist of SoundAbout's covers on his phone. Sometimes he tries playing those songs, but the bass guitar and electric guitar have quite distinct feels, perhaps because of the differences in their owner's technical proficiency.

SoundAbout put the guitar against the chair, then ran over to the camera to adjust the angle, the moment his face zoomed in front of the camera, the screen was immediately exploded by the comments "AAAAAAAA"

"That's it. Long time no see, do you guys have any questions for me?"

The comment section was full of questions about why you are so handsome, can you call my name and a bunch of other thirsty content. Of course such comments were automatically ignored. Win originally had no questions, just conveniently commenting a sentence "You've played very well"

"Someone asked me if I just bought the new guitar, right?" The person on the screen turned to look at the guitar case in the corner of the room, then smiled softly.

"Ah, you guys all saw it?" SoundAbout pointed to the case "Recently I just bought another guitar, although it's not my favorite one or the kind I play often, but it's pretty nice to add it into my collection."

Referring to the guitar, Win could not help but remember the moment his beloved child fell into the hands of someone else, an arrogant, stupid rich brat. He clackly typed and pressed enter.

"I really like a guitar, but it's expensive and someone just bought it. Should I use the money to buy another one that I don't like that much but it's cheaper?" He heard a soft voice reading his comment.

The person on the screen tilted his head in thought for a moment, then honestly answered.

"I will answer a little stubbornly that no. The fact that you loved that guitar, made it more special than all the others. We should not lower our standards and feelings for anything, not even the price."