Chapter 7.1: Ep 3/1

Tinn's invitation was more than an anesthetic for Gun, like encountering a hypnotized master, making the way from the bar to the apartment, Gun seemed to walk on floating clouds leading to heaven.

Standing in front of the door of the familiar place, Gun suddenly felt a bit of inexplicable fear. It is hard to imagine that, now, he is beside Tinn, walking together to this apartment. Everything is like a pipe dream. Actually, Gun did not even remember how he felt and thought when he first came here. At that time, all he wanted was to quickly pass the exam to get the principal's signature. And at that time, every day here with Tinn was boring. There was only study, study, and study. But now he realizes how much he misses and appreciates that time.

"Why aren't you in yet?"

Tinn put a pair of cotton slippers under the toe of Gun's shoe, smiling slightly.

"Do you need me to take off your shoes and put them on for you?"

Gun froze slightly, shaking his head. He put his shoes on the shelf, then put on the soft cotton slippers, and finally breathed the air inside this apartment.

Gun lightly glanced around. The apartment is spacious, spotless, and immaculate. And there is a faint aroma of bitter tea in the air.

Seeing Gun still hesitantly standing in front of the door, Tinn hung his bag on the hanger and walked up to him, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"Come in here. Are you hungry yet?"

Gun was confused as to how to act, his hands crumpled with Tinn's jacket but still managed to remain acting calm.

"Yes, a little."

Tinn nodded and pulled him down to the sofa.

"It's not good eating at night. But if you're hungry, wait here for a bit, I'll cook something."

Tinn bent down to pat him on the shoulder, inadvertently the smell of alcohol hit his nose, bitter and extremely unpleasant.

"No." Tinn gently picked up his arm and pointed to the bathroom "You go take a shower first, if you let the alcohol on your body for a long time, you will easily catch a cold."

When Gun heard that, he could only vaguely follow. He walked slowly to the bathroom, before entering, he turned to look at Tinn, seeing him already wearing an apron and busy in the kitchen. It is a rare sight indeed. Gun remembers that Tinn once said that at Tinn's house the main person responsible for the cooking was his father - a gentle and funny writer. Partly because he cooks very well and partly because he insists on going into the kitchen to try and create new recipes.

Gun only had the opportunity to meet Tinn's father only once, right before the day he returned to the past, and he also had to admit that his cooking skills were superb.

Stepping into the bathroom, silently looking at himself in the mirror, Gun realized how listless he was now. His glue-swept hair was not even in place at all, just like it had been coated with a sticky, greasy shine. Pale lips, sunken cheeks, dark circles under his eyes, as if he had just emerged from a graveyard. Gun also wondered why Tinn also stayed up late for work and was still so fresh.

He let the water rush over his head, washing away what was left of the night. Even though it was set to warm water, bathing at night still seemed to make Gun a little dizzy. Ironically, after taking a shower, he realized that he did not bring clothes to change, what a clumsy thing.

Has anyone gone to their crush's house to take a shower without bring their clothing, just like he did?? Gun grimaced and silently cursed himself for for his ignorance in getting himself into this awkward situation. He tried looking in the bathroom to see if there were any bathrobe, but all he found were different kinds of shampoos and shower gels. He did not dare to seek help from Tinn because he was terrified, but in this case it was almost the only solution.