5.| Koa

Silenus

Silenus.

The place where it all started. The place where I was born. The place where my parents got a divorce. The place where my mom won over my custody. The place where she tried to mend me. The place where she overdosed on drugs and alcohol after having an argument with my father. The place where I left with my father.

We left.

To New York.

Our Home.

My Home.

And I wished to keep it that way. I avoided this place like the plague. It was not fear. I don't feel such things. But I would rather not be the place where I saw my father suffer.

I remember him sobbing over my mother's dead body. The place where he couldn't sleep at night. The place where he had been driven to the brink of insanity. The place where he told me repeatedly. That had he known what mom was up to he would never leave me alone with her.

I was ten when I found him in his office. Slumped on the floor while looking into the footage of the house where me and mom lived. When I walked into to room he pulled me to his lap, let his head sink on my small shoulders and cried. My father broke. The man I looked up to the most broke into pieces.

"Koa, my baby I am so sorry. I should have never left you alone with your mother after being completely aware of the mental state she was in. She was not a good parent. And I was worse than her. My ignorance was a graver crime. A graver sin. My little boy."

He kept caressing my back and I remember embracing him tight. I didn't understand why. But I held onto him. And he held onto me. I didn't know what would make him feel better.

My lack of emotions towards any and every thing pushed my father deeper and deeper into depression. I knew he was depressed. I saw his medicines. I saw his anxiety and I saw his nauseousness towards alcohol. I saw his hands tremble every time he wore his belt. I saw him scream at night. With raw pain.

I lost my mother in a day. But I lost my father everyday.

When I turned eighteen and had no lovers my father questioned himself again. That is the first time I pretended. I paid a girl to be my girlfriend. Just so my father would stop seeing himself as a failure. He was not. He was the reason I was alive.

As the car rolled into the palace estates. And I return back to my present. I look at Xavier clutching on the ring he always wears in his chain. His knuckles have turned white and jaw clenched hard. He didn't have any sort of trauma or anything. But what he had was probably more psychotic than that.

I dragged him here knowing he avoided coming to Silenus like one would avoid the plague. Even though he attended high school here. I am also well aware of his obsession towards a certain princess.

He didn't tell me about it obviously. Not until I found him chopping of the fingers of a man with whom the wild princess had a fling with.

Xavier can be every bit the monster he hides when it comes to any man who touched. His "Tsvetoshka". She was his alone.