16.| Syera

"A showpiece

"A showpiece."

"Not worthy of being queen."

"A woman will not Rule."

"Worthless."

I spring up sharply. Sweat sticking to my skin and fear filling me up whole. I feel my whole body trembling under the pressure of my thoughts. My breath uneven and choppy. Each breath I inhaled was painful like a million blazing needles being pierced into my lungs and stabbing me.

The slight darkness in the room making it hard for me to take the surrounding in and assess it.

I was back in my own room.

The room of voices.

Voices which were not my own.

The mirrors surrounding my bed showing me the mess I was and always will be.

The house of lords had lost another member. The parliament had won. I won't be the trail queen either. The deed had been done.

The damage is irreparable.

"Angel, Never give up."

"My little princess. Dad is so very proud of the fine woman you have turned out to be."

"Power comes from within, Syera."

"Big sis, there is  no one who can ever be a better queen than you. Be as you are. Not what people want you to be."

"Sweetheart, you rule this Kingdom and every heart in it. Just believe in yourself."

Queen. Rule. People.

Everyone who I cared about and had ever trusted me will be so disappointed in me.

What even am I if not a queen?

"Nothing."

What is my purpose?

"Nothing."

What is my life?

"A blank canvas."

What is the reason of my existence?

"Pointless... nothing. Hollow."

.

.

I stand up slowly feeling the thoughts that always got the best of me. No matter where I went. They always come back to me. The floor under my bare feet felt like blades. Blades sharp enough to make my feet bleed with every step. I walked further towards the door and look at it.

"Crowned Princesses don't lock their bed chambers unless they are sick or married."

But, At this moment none of the rules of being a crowned princess mattered. None of the reasons to be royal mattered.