12.| Syera

Entering the royal library always gave my heart the peace it yearned for

Entering the royal library always gave my heart the peace it yearned for. It transported me to another world. A world where I wasn't  crowned princess. A place where I could be me unapologetically.

It was my world.

It was my sanctuary.

It was the most beautiful place to me in the entire castle.

Whenever me and my siblings played hide and seek. I would hide in the library. They never came to the library as much as I did.

It was one of the largest royal libraries in Europe. It had books of every genre. From classics to the latest books that were published and was restocked on a daily basis. It was every book lovers dream come true.

Me?

I was the biggest book lover ever. I adored them. They were my eyes to the world beyond my ivory tower.

As a child I would read about princesses getting her prince charming. How the princess was always resuced by the prince.

As a teen I stopped believing that a prince would ever come to rescue me. To relieve me of my demons. To save me.

I was taught that I could never marry for love by my tutors.

Everyone told me how even mum and dad had an arranged marriage. How we eventually grow to love the person we marry. I tried to accept it.

But, I was a hopeless romantic.

I romanticized love.

I craved for the love that I read about in my books.

I hoped and wished to find my prince one day. Who would save me of the emptiness that lurks within me. A person who would fight my demons for me.

A prince who would protect me. And burn the world down for me.

Koa strolled inside the room behind me.

His presence behind me blazing and unignorable.

I clutched my hands behind my back and then started walking towards my favourite part of the library. My secret spot. I know it is not the best choice with Koa right on my toes.

I shouldn't show anyone my secret.

I turn around abruptly and almost loose my balance.

I feel a pair of hands shoot up reflexively and catch me before I face plant on the floor.

"Careful, sweetheart."

I blush again.

Sweetheart.

"Koa... please call me, Syera."

"Sure, Sweetheart."

He smirks playfully at me.

I sigh.