6.| Syera

The rest of the day passed by in a blur with endless meetings

The rest of the day passed by in a blur with endless meetings. The economy of the country had plunged down a drastic ten percent. The goods were not getting exported and the taxes on the imported goods was too high.

The farmers were not pleased with the rate of the seeds and the commodities that they used to transport their harvests had gone on a strike.

My head throbbed at the number of problems that had risen in just a damn week.

"Angel... drink some water and take a break. You need it."

I looked at uncle Vincent. My eyes squinting at the change of lighting. It was already evening. The sun had set.

I hadn't realised how the day had come to an end.

I rubbed my temple and eyes to adjust to my surrounding and then throw my back to relax my neck.

"The guests have settled in their chambers and all their needs have been met."

My eyes snap open. I had completely forgotten about Koa, Xavier and Jaiden being here. The day had just been so hectic.

But now that uncle Vincent mentioned them. The only person I could think about was Koa Callisto. Those eyes. That perfectly sculpted face. Those unfeeling and logical words.

I try to shake his thoughts out of my mind.

"Syera Annabella Florence, you are the princess of a country not a damn teenager. You are going to be queen and have loads of work. A man is the last thing you should be thing about right now."

I muttered to myself.

Think about things you like.

The rain.

The field of Dandelions that blossom every spring.

The royal library and the whole section of romantic books I used to sneak away to read.

The gentle wind.

Dark chocolates.

Dark chocolate brown tousled hair comes in my view again.

And then again I was back to step one.

Thinking about Koa Callisto.

I had never thought about any man this much. But how could I not when he looked so exquisite.

The way he spoke was so robotic and it made me want to laugh. The way he thought about the logic and significance of everything.

He was so gorgeous. That it actually hurt to look at him. It made me stumble and act so unlike myself.

It made me furious that he could so, easily make me lose my composure. Something I had worked for all my life.

"I devote myself completely to my nation."