15.| Koa

I wasn't the type of person who took orders and what I did was nothing but my business

I wasn't the type of person who took orders and what I did was nothing but my business. People had a weird way of trying to influence others actions. Convincing, emotional blackmail, and bribing. It was human tendency and nature to try to fulfil their own desires regardless of what others cared for.

I had learnt that at a very young age. I had not seen everything in this world but I had seen enough. I had seen fake smiles. I had seen fake tears. I had seen hate and I had seen love. But what I had seen in the past couple of days was real.

I had witnessed raw emotions.

Strength in righteousness. Pain in smiles. Knowledge in the young.

It didn't matter what others told or thought. I knew that princess Syera was too good for this world. Too good for the cruel kingdom. Too good for me.
And I will stay away. She was too fragile to be broken by anyone.

Let alone me.

I walk outside the palace still deep in thoughts as I walk towards my bugatti. The limousines and rolls royce were not my style. I preferred faster cars and no drivers.

And a driver was the last thing I needed when I went to meet Mrs.Valentino. To talk about her fashion megahouse company. As much as she tries to convince me. I knew my answer was as clear as the crystal sky.
.
No.
No.
And No again.
.

She had always seen mother at her worst. Neither did she help me nor did she help my father who was clearly struggling in not just his personal life but also with his business.

She walked away from us when we needed her the most and now she expects me to be there for her when she at the end of the road. Well to bad for her... 'As you sow, so you fucking reap.'

I take my seat the engine igniting to life. It roared just like my inside. It was burning. My eyes hurting from all the glaring at blank space I had been doing ever since the old hag had called. Well I called her Nonna but Xavier liked to call her 'Old Hag Bag'. And it felt like a befitting name.

She was a bag of oldness and colourful shit. That can't be tolerated even by someone like me. And once in a while she gets the irresistible urge to mess with my very peaceful life.

I reach the location she had sent. The Hyll of Whiteman. The old hag had a very poetic sense of humor. After all it was the place where Dad had saved mom when she had tried to suicide as a teen. And since then she had been obsessed with dad and ended up marrying him too. It was also the place dad where they had visited the night they decided to take a divorce.

All I recalled was both of them walking inside the house. Cloths covered in blood. Dad looked tensed and sorrowful but mom just looked blank. She somehow looked more alive than ever.

Even as a child. I knew.

I knew that it was neither of their blood.

And I didn't believe dad when he said they had gone hunting and it was a deer's blood. I do not trust such lies. Because even if dad was the most righteous man in the world. A true gentleman. He wouldn't leave mom for killing an animal. He loved her despite her flaws. He loved her as she was.