9.| Syera

Dinner passed by uneventfully

We all just sat and ate.

But I did notice that Audrey had a sulking face and the glares that Xavier kept sending her way. Andrew ate in complete silence ignoring Philip and everyone in the room. Philip ate a few spoons of his food, before pushing away the plate and walking away.

Uncle Vincent, me and Koa seemed to be the only people in this place without a clue eating our meal.

Or was it only me who was clueless.

Was I being ignorant like I always am?

"You are going to be queen? You neither know your siblings problems nor do you know how to solve them as an elder sibling."

"Queen my ass."

I swallowed the thick lump that formed in my throat.

I was always slow with socializing and understanding others problems. It was one of the main disadvantages I had.

I had been home schooled all my life. Because that will help me with time. And I could learn my royal duties and responsibilities best. I never went to school. Never sat in a room filled with children. Never made friends who were not among noble ranks. Never made someone who wanted to be my friend just because they liked me. Never had my own graduation. Never went to university.

And now look where I am. I had always prided myself to be at least the best elder sister to my siblings.

I remember the day Audrey was born. I was barely three years old and dad had let me hold her in my tiny hands. I remember her giggling as soon as she was in my arms. I remember smothering Audrey with wet and sloppy kisses and her opening her eyes and cooing at me.

Today the same Audrey was sulking and I not the single clue why.

I remember when I was ten years old and Philip was just a six year old and would follow me around the palace. Everywhere. He never left me  alone even for a moment.

Big sis this. Big sis that.

He would often hit into walls. And start crying until I hugged and kissed his booboo's away.

The same brother now walks away from the dinner table without finishing his dinner.

What was I?

"A failure."

The voice at the back of my head told me.

I complete my meal. And retire to my bed chambers after greeting everyone a very good night.

As I shut the door and am greeted by the darkness and emptiness of the room my heart thumps hard in disapproval.

It beats with the need to turn on every single light in the bedroom.