17.| Syera

"Angel

"Angel..." I see uncle Vincent standing outside the bath chamber. Waiting for me outside. His eyebrows creased with worry and his eyes were glassy due to unshed tears in them.

Uncle never cried. And I had never seen him shed a single tear. Even when my parents died in that car crash he had gone frigid. Stoic. Not showing an ounce of emotion. But today I saw his eyes glassy for the first time.

I look up at him and walk towards him. Taking him into my arms. I place my head on his chest and feel him wrap his arms around my shoulder without waiting for another second.

"I'm sorry uncle." I say softly. My voice muffled as I spoke. Looking up at him slightly to get a look at his face.

His lips pursed for a minute and then he closed his eyes. Calming down his nerves. He only held onto me tighter.

"Never. And I mean never ever do that again." He says finally placing his chin on my head.

"If you would have done something or if Mr. Callisto wouldn't have been so perceptive..." His voice trailed off. Showing how shaken he had been by my own stupidity.

"If something would have happened to you, angel..." His voice finally breaks. He takes his hand and cover it over his eyes. Taking deep breaths.

"I won't worry you like that ever again uncle." I tell him while hugging him tighter.

"You better not. Damn it." He says finally as he pulls away from me and pats my head like he always did since I was a kid. Every time he had sneaked chocolates for me, Audrey and Philip comes rushing back to my head.

"No more chocolates." Mother said her eyes strict but a smile still adorning her features.

"But mum!!" Audrey and Philip start together. They were only a year apart and mostly did all their antics together.

"No. Especially for you both. You both are already hyper without eating chocolates." She says while clutching her forehead and closing her eyes so that she can't be moved by their pleading doe eyes.

"Big sis! Do something." They both rush to either sides of me and hug me. I look at them and smile. I wink at them once.

"Mum said no chocolates so no more for today." I say while looking at Uncle Vincent with my pleading doe eyes. He looked at me and a huge smile adorned his face. He pursed his lips trying to stop himself from laughing from behind my mother.

"See. Learn from you big sister. And now go to your bed chambers. It is past sleeping hours." She said softly while wrapping rubbing the sides of her arms to warm herself.

"I think you are looking for this my queen." I see dad walk up behind her and wrap a shawl around her. While leaving a peck on her lips.

"Eww!" Audrey says while covering Philips eyes who pushes her hand away from his eyes. I giggle at them.