11.| Syera

I had started sleep walking again

I had started sleep walking again. I had developed it at the age of seventeen and it had only gotten worse with my anxiety and panic attacks. My nightmares always caught on to me.

I felt watched.

I felt wrecked.

I felt like a mess.

And I was exactly that.

"A Princess doesn't cry, Syera."

Mom would always tell me. She would wipe my teary eyes and give me the warmest hugs. She would tell me stories of the bravest princesses. She would tell me tales of her childhood. And how I was exactly like her.

But that felt like a lie. My mother never cried.

Not in pain.

Not in trouble.

She wasn't a weak person. She was the strongest person I had ever seen.

Her life had never been easy.

She never cracked.

She never crumbled.

She was never a wreck like me.

She would always catch me sleep walking in the halls. She wouldn't sleep for nights on the end. And dad was always beside us. He would watch us. I remember how mum would cradle me in her arms and I would tremble in fear of the monsters around me. I remember how dad would be right in front of my eyes. So, that I see nothing but his face. I would shriek the moment I saw the emptiness.

My parents were my heroes. They were my everything. And Uncle Vincent would ensure that not a soul spoke about my hysterics anywhere.

The image of the future queen could never be ruined or tainted under any circumstance. He would stand by my parents.

The nightmares got better and disappeared slowly with the help of my parents and Uncle Vincent.

And now they were back.

Worse than ever.

My parents had disappeared. And the emptiness had returned to haunt me. To let me know that I belonged to it.

"You are all alone."

"Syera..."

I heard Koa call me once again. His hand brushed my hair softly. His warmth filling me with comfort. His breath on my face and his beautiful eyes looking into mine.

Captivating me.

They were filled with logic and sternness, It was devoid of emotions in the morning. But right now there was a flicker of something else.

A flicker of raw newly found emotions.

Concern.

His eyes showed concern.