Belong II Seb Vettel + Multi

+ 2,756 words

+ Angst and comfort

+ Warnings: Mentions of death, bad parenting/abandonment  

_______

"I got it, I got the internship." You spoke dumbfounded in front of Seb and Hannah with the letter in your hands. 

They're both silent for a second taking it in. "OH MY GOD!!!" Hannah yells out and Seb's lips curl into a huge smile as he steps forward you engulfing you in a tight hug. He was so proud of you but he couldn't deny the nerves that formed in his stomach at the thought of you in the paddock soon. 

Days before your first race Seb takes the time to let you know what to expect, what to look out for knowing that once you were there he couldn't guide you the way he wanted.

On the day of your first race, you're nothing short of excited, of course, you're nervous but you feel prepared, you feel ready, this was the moment you'd been waiting for since you were a kid being able to pursue your passion just like Seb had taught you. 

You walk into the Ferrari garage, and right now you're only tasked with overlooking the professional's work and noting down observations and suggestions. You're in complete awe when you finally come face-to-face with the SF21 it was more beautiful than you'd imagined. 

"Excuse me." You heard a voice behind you. 

You turned around to find Charles Leclerc standing in front of you, you were completely surprised once again. "Oh sorry." You snapped back to reality. 

"You are?" Charles asked not showing a smile as he climbed into his car. 

"Oh yeah sorry, I'm y/n, the new intern." You extended your hand. 

Charles scoffed not accepting your hand. "you?" 

You quickly learned the attitude he wanted to take with you so you dropped your hand and adopted a more serious position. "Yes me is there a problem with that?" You asked him. 

He eyed you up and down. "As long as you do your work and stay out of my way." He scoffed once more. 

You laughed to yourself. "Your gonna spin if you go out like this." You decided to ignore his comment. 

"What?" He furrowed his brows. 

"Your wing was adjusted wrong, it's too open for the wind you're gonna have now, by the time you get into turn 5 you're gonna lose the car and you're gonna spin you kept eye contact with him. 

It was his turn to laugh now. "Look I trust my team, a team who's had years of experience and has been doing this for way longer than you have, you're probably here because of daddy's money and I hope you know others would love to be in your position and aren't that lucky to have loving parents to treat them with things like this. So don't disrespect my team, they've earned their way up to their spots, unlike you, you don't belong here." He spat getting his helmet on and getting down into his car. 

You were speechless, "Despite the fact that you knew the truth his words hit hard because he was partially right." 

You decide to sit back, yes Charles does spin in turn 5 just like you'd said but you thought it best to keep your mouth shut from now on. 

Back at the hotel, you have a lot of time to be alone in your room, you go over the notes you took today and the feedback you were provided with but it was hard to focus with Charles's words running through your mind. 

Luckily you were pulled away from your work when there was a knock at the door. You knew it would be Seb since he'd texted you to get ready for dinner and he'd come get you as soon as he was back from the track.