Stalker (P3) II Carlos Sainz

2 months later 

This little dynamic between the two rivals had carried on way longer than either expected. Hateful and snarky remarks by day and cuddles and unspoken appreciation at night. It was weird, to say the least, it was clearly evident for them both that they could no longer spend a day without being in each other's presence for a few seconds let alone spend a night without the other. 

They'd tried, tried oh so hard only to end up knocking on each other's doors no later than 12am when they knew they needed even a few hours of sleep which would only be achieved between their entangled bodies on the bed. 

 But they would never admit it, no. Especially y/n who prided herself in her stubbornness and strong-willed denial she'd used as a shield throughout her male-dominated career and Carlos knew he couldn't risk the rejection, couldn't risk overstepping and losing what he had right now that although minimal was still something. He'd long ago accepted to himself that he was in love, he wanted more than you were able to, No, willing to offer him after the first night but he would never speak it out loud, not when he knew losing that 1% of you was at risk. 

So you settled, you both settled with what was happening and what you had. You'd convinced yourself that it wouldn't last long, "just tonight" you'd always say to yourself when you'd end up hugging him tightly again. Although a small part of you, a terrified part of you truly wondered if you could ever let this feeling, this man go ever again. 

"This is all because of the stalker." You'd also tried to convince yourself. Things were still being resolved, and you were still scared, even more so after Carlos had informed you the man had been let go for lack of evidence to convict him although the police had promised you they would keep a close eye on the man, a restraining order was all that protected you now. 

But reality soon caught up to you. It was harsh and painful and you cursed yourself for even feeling so gutted because frankly, it was only a matter of time before this little mishap in your judgment had to end although you always thought you'd be the one to call it quits. 

Flashback

Flashback

"Spanish Inquisition part 2?" You took a dig at him showing him the memes about him and Fernando's imaginary rivalry for the same girl. 

"I talked to her once only because she interviewed me...people are delusional." he laughed.

"I'm sure she doesn't mind the attention thought." You shrugged trying to hide the small ounce of jealousy that wanted to creep up at the thought of Carlos finding someone. 

"Yeah well, my interests are elsewhere." He took your phone leaning over you and placing it on the nightstand on your side of the bed. 

"Is that so?" Your voice was shakier than you'd liked to admit as Carlos's face inched incredibly close to yours. 

"It is so. My heart already belongs to someone I'm just waiting for her to take it." He muttered barely above a whisper. 

The insinuation made your heart skip a beat, it almost scared you so you did what you did best. "Hmm poor girl, for her sake I hope she never takes it." You shrugged turning around and shutting off the light. Denial Denial Denial.