I met somebody II Lando Norris

**Inspired by the song Tennessee Orange by Megan Moroney 

__________________

Moving over 4,000 miles away from your family was one of the hardest decisions you'd ever taken. It was exciting, it filled you with happiness to be moving closer to the life you'd dreamed of but it didn't mean that you didn't struggle. 

You loved being back home more than anything so you certainly had moments where you doubted whether moving had been the right decision. The doubts were starting to get to you until you met him.

Lando had never believed in love at first sight, even less in soul mates. But the second his eyes landed on you standing in front of the fruit section at Walgreens wearing those adorable overalls, your hair messily tied back leaving a few strands hanging in front of your face, and that southern accent that made him weak in the knees...cupid's bow had struck right into his heart and he'd be a fool to deny it. 

Right now you sat on the bench facing the garden of his house, a place that was all too familiar already despite the short time. He was inside gathering things for an impromptu picnic he'd decided you'd have right outside in the grass. 

It seemed like the perfect time to call your mom. You couldn't stop the stupid smile pulling at your lips as you thought of what you were about to tell her. 

"Hey darlin!" Your mom picked up the phone, her voice always filled with the same warmth. 

"Mama, I'm callin', I've got some news, Don't ya tell daddy, he'll blow a fuse." You started. 

"Oh god, are you alright?" Your mom asked concerned. 

"Don't worry, I'm doin' okay. I know you raised me to know right from wrong. It ain't what you think, Just never thought I'd see the day I've never felt this way." You felt like a teenager again butterflies erupting in your stomach. 

"Well, what is it, tell me already" Your mom asked growing impatient. 

"I met somebody and he's got blue eyes. He opens the door and he don't make me cry. He ain't from where we're from but he feels like home." Your smile only grew bigger as you described him to your mom. 

"Oh, my darling how wonderful. Tell me more." You could hear the excitement in your mom's voice, the happiness in your voice was clearly evident. 

"He's got me doin' things I've never done. In Georgia, they call it a sin, I'm wearing Tennessee orange for him" You laughed and your mom did soon after. "He took me to a race track last Sunday, I wore the hat on his dash to the race, It sure wasn't Athens but I fell for him under those track lights."

You were so caught up in your call reminiscing the memories you'd made with him so far you'd failed to miss him approaching the door. He was about to call out but stopped as soon as he heard your words. If only he knew how head over heels he was for you as well. 

"Oh baby you sound so happy." You could hear the smile in your mothers face from your face. "Maybe you're not so homesick after all." You detected a bit of hurt in her words, you knew she missed you dearly too. 

"Mama, forgive me, I like him a lot, hell, I'm learning the words to his favorite songs, And he's got a smile that makes me forget I've always looked better in red." You laughed again and this time Lando couldn't help but laugh too revealing his presence to you. 

Your cheeks tinted red as you met his eyes, his eyes filled with the same adoration you'd just described to your mother. 

"Well, I hope I can meet him someday my darling. I'm really happy you've found someone." Your mother spoke. 

"You will mama." Lando smiled and nodded confirming your words. "I promise you will. I have to go. I love you." You hung up with your mom. 

You opened your arms and Lando happily accepted the invitation, burying his nose in the crook of your neck as he scooped you in his arms. "You feel like home too," he muttered. 

I met somebody and he's got blue eyes
He opens the door and he don't make me cry
He ain't from where we're from
But he feels like home, yeah
He's got me doin' things I've never done

In Georgia, they call it a sin
And I still want the Dawgs to win
But I'm wearing Tennessee orange for him
I'm wearing Tennessee orange for him

_________________

A/N: In honor of Lando's 1st win!

I've had this idea in mind for the longest time and honestly it sounded better in my head but I am also really struggling to write right now (f writes block) ;( 

Anyway hope you enjoyed xx