Home II Max Verstappen

*Requested by Anonymous

"Okay I'll see you soon, love you." You kissed your boyfriend before crossing over to what was supposed to be your own room through the adjoining door that your hotel offered.

Walking out of the Redbull driver's door wearing your Mercedes attire would cause a bit of chaos for the both of you.

Today was just like any other Thursday, Media Day, except for a little more added pressure since Max and you were scheduled in the press conference together.

Max and you had gotten pretty good at hiding your relationship after almost 10 months of being together only your P.R. managers and trainers knew about your relationship to help with hotel arrangements like getting a room with adjoining doors like this one. You didn't even tell the other drivers not wanting to risk any kind of slip-up.

Max didn't care about you going public, he quite honestly loved the privacy never really being one to share much of his life especially his private life online but he also didn't ever really give a crap about what other people said or thought of him so going public didn't bother him either.

For you, you would've loved to be able to show off your boyfriend, especially watching him dominate the way he had it was always so hard not to run up to him and hug and kiss him proudly after his wins. But after receiving an opportunity from Toto to drive for Mercedes after Lewis's retirement only in your second season was an opportunity you did not want to mess up in any way shape, or form.

You'd spoken with Max about how nervous it made you for Toto or anyone in the team to find out about your relationship because not only would it cause a huge media craze but you were afraid your loyalty to the team would be questioned. Never did Max and you share anything about your team you were extremely professional in that matter keeping work and your home life separate but you knew people would always choose to ignore that.

So you'd decided you'd let at least one year pass, where you were focused on giving your all to the team before very slowly letting your relationship be known to the world, being able to shift some of your attention to the comments you'd receive which you were sure would be plenty and unfriendly for both sides.

You both did notice however that it was slowly becoming harder for you to be secretive about your relationship, both of you being very handsy with each other and sometimes forgetting to hone it in public. It wasn't a secret to the media that you both were dating someone, people just didn't know it was each other.

____

You and Max walked to the Press conference keeping some distance between the both of you, advice from your press officers. Unlucky for you you were the first ones in and were asked to sit next to each other while you waited for Carlos, Alex, and Lando to join you.

"Hey." you greeted Max trying to act casual.

"Hey, how are you?" Max asked. It was at times like these that you were reminded of your boyfriend's childlike behavior seeing as he couldn't hide his suspicious smirk.

"Good good, how are you?" You couldn't help but laugh at your boyfriend getting giddy around you despite it almost being a year of you being together. You still had to be careful of all the cameras around you though.

"Yeah good." he laughed and luckily you were saved by Lando and Carlos walking in together and greeting you both then you all started engaging in conversation.

"Alright, Hello, and welcome everyone to the driver's press conference ahead of the FIA Formula 1 Qatar Grand Prix, two groups coming your way, and here is group 1, closest to me y/n y/l/n, then we have Max Verstappen, Lando Norris, Carlos Sainz, and Alex Albon will be joining us shortly, welcome to you all." Tom began the conference as usual.