Take it home II Lando Norris

You had finished the debrief with your team a few minutes ago texting Lando to let him know you'd wait for him around the paddock. 

Lando looked at your text smiling at simply seeing your name pop up on the screen although nerves filled his stomach at knowing that you were a wanderer and that when left unsupervised for more than 10 minutes you could end up getting yourself into...peculiar situations. 

Even before Lando started dating you he knew about your strange personality which was something that caught his attention in the first place he wanted to know more about you from all the rumors and stories he'd heard. 

But once you started dating and you finally had someone who was concerned enough for your well-being there was never a dull day for Lando especially when you were left to your own devices. 

He had once had to spend the whole night beside you as you threw up all your stomach's contents and more all because you'd stumbled upon a street taco place during the Mexico GP and despite the sweet vendor telling you to only have a small taste you went all in and your stomach wasn't able to handle all the flavor and spices. 

Another time Lando had lost you at Zandvoort for 2 hours only to find you bungee jumping from the activity in the fanzone all the way on the other side of the track. 

There was also once where Lando found himself rescuing you from drowning after you'd gotten so excited at celebrating 2nd place at the Canadian GP that you'd jumped into the water alongside your team forgetting you were a weak swimmer, luckily Lando had been there to watch you celebrate and jumped in as soon as he saw you go over the fence. 

The last time he'd found you in a strange situation was when he'd lost you at the Monaco GP, he'd grown incredibly concerned searching for you for over 3 hours without you answering your texts or calls only to find you'd fallen asleep in the Redbull pool filled with plastic balls in their hospitality. 

So to say Lando never knew what to expect from you was a given and as much as he could he'd avoid leaving you alone as much as possible. He knew you were wise enough never to put yourself in any real danger, you were incredibly kind, and he could see the way your eyes lit up at new things always curious to see and know everything he loved that childlike aspect of your personality where most times curiosity and excitement just got the better of you.   

The only comfort he had right now was knowing you were at your home GP, you knew this place already so truly there should be no new place you'd desire to discover and you'd simply drive home to yours and Lando's shared apartment after tonight. But oh how wrong Lando was. 

Only 5 minutes after your text, after rushing his team to finish up, Lando had texted you he was done before rushing out of the McLaren hospitality to look for you. 

This time much to his relief he only had to look a little further down the paddock to see your giggly and bubbly self rushing towards him. He furrowed his brows confused at what had you so happy this time and the big bulge in the pocket of your hoodie was a big indicator that it had to do with that. 

"Hi baby," Lando couldn't help but laugh imagining all sorts of things that could be making you all smiley right now. 

"Hi!" Your smile was so bright as you looked at your boyfriend. 

"What have you got there?" He dared to ask pointing at the obvious...thing in your hoddie pocket but kind of afraid of the answer he'd get. 

"Oh." Your eyes looked down to your hoodie as if forgetting you'd stored something way too big for the pocket in there. "Look what I found." You squealed happily as you reached into the pocket pulling out this mysterious object. 

"What the-" Lando was shocked as he stared at the small fluffy kitten in your hands as you shoved it close to his face for him to see. 

"It's a kitty!" You cheered happily as you brought the kitten to your chest stroking its little face as it purred happily. 

"Yeah...I can see that." Lando was confused, to say the least. "Where did- Why was it-" he had so many questions. 

"It was hiding from the rain inside a tire." He saw you pouting at the memory. "It called to me Lando!" He was surprised to see you started tearing up although another part of him wanted to laugh over the fact you were getting emotional over a kitten who clearly looked happy in your arms. 

"Aww baby." Lando approached you giving you a side hug as you continued protectively holding this small kitten. 

"Lando we have to take her home...she chose me." You looked up at your boyfriend with pleading eyes. 

"How are we meant to take care of it love?" You immediately tugged at Lando's heartstrings as he looked at your adorable pout but he also knew neither of you had the time to have a pet right now. 

He heard you sniffle as you shed a few more tears. "Max loves cats, he can take care of her when we're gone." You started softly crying which broke Lando's heart. "I can't leave her, Lando, I can't leave Penny." You cried to your boyfriend. 

Of course, she's named the cat already Lando thought to himself. "I don't think Max-" 

"I've already asked him, and he's okay with it." you looked up at Lando hopeful. 

These were the moments Lando hated the fact you and his best friend got along so well, Max quickly growing fond of you and loving you like a sister. "Pretty pretty please." You pouted to your boyfriend once more. 

Lando groaned but in reality, he knew he'd never be able to say no to you, you had him wrapped around your finger. "Fine, let's take it home." Lando sighed in defeat. 

"Yay!" You squealed jumping forward and pulling Lando into a bone-crushing hug before moving back and placing several small kisses on his lips. "I love you, I love you, I love you." You repeated, and you smiled widely a large contrast to your wet eyelashes and tear stains still visible on your lips. 

Whatever worry Lando had about the new addition to your family was long gone at seeing the joy that filled your eyes. "C, mon let's go home, love." Lando kissed your temple before curling his arm over your shoulders pulling you with him as you held Penny the kitten in your arms.

"Oh." He heard you say before noticing the way Penny crawled across the sleeve of her hoodie and into the pocket of Lando's hoodie. 

"Oh no-" Lando was gonna stop the cat from going into his clothing but failed miserably once she snuggled tightly in there. 

He heard you giggle beside him. "I think she likes you." You kissed his cheek as Lando accepted the cat wasn't gonna leave his pocket...or his life.

_____

A/N: 

Really random but I was feeling like writing a short fluffy story so this is it ;)