Stalker (P2) II Carlos Sainz

*Special thanks to @SaniyaDhonre and @ThranduilElvenking 

_____________ 

Carlos POV II 

Maybe it had all been a dream, maybe my tired and jet-lagged mind had come up with some extensive and what felt like a really real story that I'd simply imagined. Yes. That made more sense. But the tight grip around my waist paired with the smell filling my nostrils and the warmth I felt across my body was a good indicator that it wasn't, that as soon as I opened my eyes I would be faced with her. 

Her. 

It was still hard to believe how much my heart had decided to pull a 360 on me. I was convinced that perhaps a good night of sleep would rid me of the sudden need for her, for her touch and company which I hadn't been subject to before last night. But no, once more opening my eyes and seeing the way her mouth was slightly open and her chest slowly rising with each breath she took, the same feeling was there. No. Actually, it was stronger, I wanted nothing more than to place a kiss on her temple, run my fingers through her hair, and watch her stir awake but that thought scared me. 

What if she woke up and her fear had dissipated, she simply yelled for me to get out and was disgusted by the sheer thought of having spent the night in my arms. That wouldn't surprise me, in fact, it seemed like the most sane reaction. So maybe I should instead save myself from the possible pain of it and leave now. Or simply wait for her to wake but separate myself from her as soon as possible. Yes, that seemed like a reasonable option. 

So after whispering a silent prayer that she wouldn't wake and open those gorgeous eyes, I began the difficult task of trying to pry my way out of her grip. In trying to do so I realized my arm had fallen asleep under her head, but also the grip she had around me was tighter than I had realized. Shifting little by little I separated most of my body from her and there was but only her arm left to remove from around me. Using my own hands to lift her arm and detach us completely the task was done, successfully. 

With a satisfied sigh, I turned back to see what the result had been seeing her still asleep but now with her arm sprawled across nothing. I thought I had been able to get up without stirring her sleep but only a few seconds after I was away from her I could hear soft sounds coming from her. 

Watching I saw how her arm moved up and down trying to find...me? Before letting out a soft whine, a visible pout formed on her lip, as well as a small crease between her eyebrows before she simply tucked her arms and legs into herself. And this action was somehow painful to watch from aside, a feeling of guilt and sadness consuming me. 

Y/N POV: 

Warmth enveloped my entire body and the rest I had was unlike any I'd ever experienced before. It felt impossible to wake up with how comfortable I was but that quickly changed when a coldness invaded my body. The warmth slipped through my fingers. 

And now my mind had spiraled. I was there once again, running out of the paddock alone, scared, being chased by the man. Except for this time he caught up to me far sooner and he had me cornered, I screamed for him to stop, screamed for him to leave me alone waiting for Carlos to appear but he never did. 

And just before anything worse could happen I jolted awake, my hands covering my face as if trying to protect me from what could've happened in my dream. 

"Hey hey hey, you're okay." I looked up from my hands, there he was again. 

I tried calming my breathing realizing it was all just a horrible nightmare and the memories from last night had come flooding back in. "I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" I began apologizing.