I got her (P1) II Charles Leclerc

*Requested: By comments (ppl wanted other drivers with children and this was in my drafts) 

________

"And what exactly will you do while mommy's in the car?" You sat in front of Arabella braiding your hair. 

"Stay wif Chesca." She replied distracted by the elastic bands you'd asked her to hold. 

"And what else?" You asked again always making sure she knew what to do despite this being almost a weekly routine now. 

"Wisten and behave." She giggled as you took one elastic from her tiny hands to tie the end of your braid. 

"That's right Bella. Let's go." You tied the sleeves of your suit around your waist before heading out with your daughter just beside you, her hand held tightly in yours. 

Although Bella was used to the chaos of a race weekend you still couldn't help but get nervous every time you had to leave her for a few hours to get in the car. You knew she was in safe hands with your manager Francesca but she was still your baby girl, only 2 and a half, and the most precious thing in your life. 

Deciding to go back to driving after having Bella wasn't easy, there was already so much talk in the media about how irresponsible you were for having a child after only a year of being in F1 even more so when the media caught word about the fact that you would be raising her on your own the judgment only doubled. 

It felt lonely, one of the hardest times of your life being pregnant while everything else around you was uncertain, you hadn't studied for anything else, you had no Plan B and racing was meant to last for years, and your parents barely spoke to you when you chose to race as a career and after finding out you got pregnant they practically disowned you and you simply felt alone. 

But once you gave birth to Bella everything made sense again, all those months of fear were worth it. It was you and Bella against the world and although people might find it weird Bella was the one to push you the most to get back to racing. After finding out that her mommy raced really fast cars Bella wanted nothing else but to see it for her own eyes. 

The day that changed it all was when one day you went to fetch Bella in the living room after preparing lunch to find her sitting in front of the TV watching one of your races, she had her racing onesie and placed a bowl on her head imitating driving around the track like you, her eyes full of admiration. You had to keep racing, for her, hoping that this could show her that she could do anything she dreamed if she simply set her mind to it no matter the circumstances. 

__________

"And that is P5 y/n, P5 great job." You heard your engineer through the radio. 

"WOOO!" You cheered happy with the results after a few terrible races for the team. 

You came into Parc Ferme parked the car and hopped out. You leaned over to place the steering wheel back into the car when you felt a shove. You didn't even have to turn to know who it was. 

"Watch the fuck out." You scoffed as you saw the red-suited man pass by you. 

"You're in the way." he simply said as he continued walking. 

You rolled your eyes glad that your visor was still down so the cameras didn't have anything else to feed on. 

The relationship you had with Charles was...weird. You got on well with the rest of the drivers, not necessarily close to many of them since you didn't go out much spending any time you had outside of the car with your daughter but with Charles it was different, there was this intense and unspoken tension between you both.