CHAPTER THIRTEEN

A while after Hinata had departed from Naruto's apartment, Naruto went into his study and sat behind his desk thinking upon what had happened, and discussing the next steps with Kurama.

" Tell me, what will you do now? " asked the fox. " What do you mean? " Naruto replied slightly puzzled by the question.

" I was supposing you would want to make a move now... towards the Mizukage, or are you not? " said Kurama.

Naruto places the tip of his left hand index upon the silver laptop, and began to draw a imaginary circle upon it. " What am trying to say is, this whole affair thing is going to affect her too. The news must be spreading across the hidden mist as well "

" Yeah, I thought so too. But unfortunately there is not much I can do about the news, and I haven't seen any definite way to help her out, " said the blond, " then it might be best to leave it be and let the whole situation subside on it's own. "

" Any step I take towards her right now, will not do her any good. Considering her political standing with this village, my evolvement might result in the disannulling of the alliance between mist and leaf. I shouldn't undo the peace I fought for myself " said Naruto somberly.

" Hmm... ", " what is it? ". " Nothing "

" We're friends aren't we, say what's on your mind, " " you said this village. "

" Yeah, Something wrong? " He asked, " I'm not really sure, but when you say this village. It makes me think you don't consider it your village, "

" That's nonsense, this is my village. I grew up here, what other place will I consider my home " Naruto replied, finding Kurama's words to be humorous.

" Isn't where your heart lies your true home? " Kurama asked.

Naruto's conceived amusement fades, " am doing it again. I was just trying to deny something I already know, I guess I'm not fully cured yet " He said. " No. You're fine, I just think that you wanted to deny it because of everything this village means to you. But I have been around long enough to know home isn't where you are created or born into, rather a place that you have the most solace and your heart is in ".

Understanding what the fox is trying to say, Naruto felt the need to throw a question at Kurama he'd suddenly became curious about.

" Where is your home then? ", " Idiot. You of course. None of my previous vessels cared for me as you did. Kushina was a nice woman, however even she could not get through to me. But you did, I let you in because I eventually became comfortable with living inside the obnoxious unpredictable brat who thinks being Hokage will be the highlight of his life and the height of his existance " said Kurama.

Naruto chuckles with his palm down on the silver laptop. " I never knew you could be this corny, you must be getting old, " Naruto teased, Kurama growls. " You brat, I've lived for centuries. I'm already old, you infant ".

Naruto's chuckles turns into laughter, which he laughed for a little, before settling down with a small smile.

" Thank you for making me your home, for always healing me and keeping me from being sick. Your presence in my life gave me a perfect body constitution... But I think where I believed I belonged and the home I want, might be thrown into chaos if I decide to furnish the home I found " Naruto said.

" Which are you more worried about, a division between leaf and mist or getting rejected again by the Mizukage, " Kurama asked.

" I guess that is precisely why I can't do anything, plus there is something I'm still lacking. I doubt I can convince her looking like this, " said Naruto. " What's wrong with how you look, you're better than most. "