FINAL CHAPTER: WE ARE ALIVE NOW.

NOW TO THE FINAL CHAPTER.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO OR ANY RELATED ORIGINAL CONTENT...

              WE ARE ALIVE NOW.

" Are you really not going to tell me? " Sakura asked.

Ino smiled while fishing around inside her purse for the key of her apartment door. " Yup. You ditched me throughout the week, forgot my birthday was today. And now you want to know who the father of my unborn child is? " said Ino amusedly perplexed.

" Come on, I didn't mean too. You know very well how things have always been salty between me and Sasuke, and he his now finally showing me the care and affection I deserved. I couldn't see or think of anything else besides this warmth I haven't felt before, " said Sakura.

Ino furrows her brows staring into her purse, she stayed her fingers, then she tilt her head to Sakura.

" What's wrong? ", " I think I forgot the key at the shop, " said Ino.

" How, were you in a rush to get to the hospital? I mean you were fine, when you arrived, it didn't seem like you were unwell, " Ino sighs in exasperation, " it's that idiot's fault " she said.

" Idiot? Who are you talking about, " said Sakura befuddled.

Ino zips her purse close, and turns back towards the exit. " Hey! where are you going? " Sakura asks grabbing Ino's wrist.

" Uh, to the shop of course. I have to get my keys, " replied Ino. " You're pregnant and it's late, you can't go off to the shop... Alright, my place isn't that far off, we should have a sleepover " said Sakura.

" Really? It's been a while since we did that " said Ino excitedly. " Yeah, this is the best night. We can talk all night, and catch up ".

" Fine, to your place then ".

Sakura hooks her arm around Ino's, and with a smile they both stride towards the exit...

" Now that we are settled in, do you still refuse to tell me who the father is, even though you know I'm going to pester you till the sun shines over both of us? " asked Sakura towering over Ino, while the blond was seated on her couch.

Ino looks down at her left fingers. " The truth is, I don't really know how to tell you. I just think you would be way too shocked, " said Ino.

Sakura scoffs. " Someone who isn't Sai got you pregnant, other than you being pregnant, why should I be surprised. What, do you think I'll die, if you said it was Shikamaru? " said Sakura.

At the mention of Shikamaru, Ino burst into laughter, shocking Sakura and causing the pink haired to step back.

" Really Sakura? That's where your imagination took you, Shikamaru: bored, highly Intelligent Shikamaru Nara. My childhood friend and teammate, who thinks all women are a drag, but got with the most troublesome woman he knows, that Shikamaru? " said Ino full of amusement, while placing one hand on her solar plexus.

Sakura stares down at her bare feet, feeling slightly ashamed that she considered it.

" I shouldn't have, I know Shikamaru would not cheat on Temari; I– I just wanted to make an obvious connection, since you are making it pretty difficult, " said Sakura.

Ino halts on the laughter, and looks down at her flat tummy Impassively.

" In here, a little Yamanaka is forming. A baby girl or boy, who will become my child, and I its mother... " Ino looks up at Sakura, whom stared back at her friend, and saw her eyes had become filled with tears that had begun to threaten to break out.