CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

" Mom, can't you just stay with me for the night. The rain might get heavier, the nights can't be trusted in this season " said Sakura.

Sakura and Mrs Haruno stood out, in front of the building housing Sakura's apartment, underneath the cover of Mebuki's umbrella (which had been given her by Sasuke). While the rain poured heavily, with occasional short tremulous sounds of thunders.

" I have nothing to worry about. My two guardian angels will protect me, " said Mebuki with a smile.

Sakura groans. " Mom! I told you it was Naruto and Sasuke, " she said with a frown.

" Those two had not been around for one and half years. The Naruto you usually spoke about, was different from the blond angel whom carried my groceries, and the Uchiha boy you spoke so harshly about was nothing like the beautiful gentleman whom caught me before I could fall. I do not deny them being the people you claim them to be, but the boys you once knew them as left more than a year ago and never returned " said Mebuki calmly watching the heavy droplets hit and splatter on the already wet ground before them.

' Yeah, mom is right. They have changed. I noticed Naruto's, but I didn't get to see Sasuke's. Him being like that, it makes him appear so unfamiliar, ' thought Sakura.

" I don't feel like I know this angel Sasuke, he's just so different from who he used to be. How can I be with a guy that changes like that, " she said.

Mebuki gazes at Sakura with a furrowed brow, " isn't that rich coming from you? You complain, about how he's never around and he has never treated you like a real person. And now that he is finally doing so, you say he's a stranger. No, I don't think the Uchiha is the stranger. I think it's you ".

" Mom...! ", " hey don't mom me. I'm telling you the truth. Now it's time for you to face your truth. Confirm with yourself, whether you still have feelings for him or not, " Mebuki places her hand on Sakura's shoulder.

" I'm your mother. I'll always support you, but you have to come to terms with and understand your own feelings. You don't want to get stuck in your youth " said Mebuki.

Sakura didn't know what to say, except watch her mother smile at her and withdraw walking away from her. Mebuki expected her daughter to go back inside, to avoid the rain, but the pink haired medic kept watching her mother stroll on, as the rain poured over the same clothes which she had on the previous day.

The pink haired kunoichi, whom is known across the elemental nations, not just for her skills and dexterity when it came to medical ninjutsu, but also her unparalleled strength as a ninja and student of the fifth Hokage: Tsunade Senju.

Could only watch as an horror unfolded before her, when her mother had gotten a twelve feet distance from her...

Drenched in rainwater, Sasuke woke up with a slightly blurred vision, he tried rubbing his eyes with the back of his index to clear his vision. That didn't help much, so he pressed his hand against the wet ground, which had a puddle of water and got himself up unto his feet.

" Falling asleep in the rain, this can't end we- " He coughs.

Sasuke touches his clothes, and he was completely drenched, his clothes were sticking to his body and he could feel his chest was cold. The only temporary heat he had, was from coughing, which barely lasted a second.

" Crap, catching a cold is even more pathetic than sleeping in the rain, in this dark alley. Now where is that umbrella,  " Sasuke said to himself.

While he searched around for his umbrella, which he feared the wind must have carried off somewhere. Noticed Sakura and Mebuki.