CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Morning came, and sunlight colors the saturnine atmosphere of Konohagakure; clouds drifted about in the sky. However, despite the light of a new day, the hidden leaf village's people were reluctant to step out of their homes.

Others, that were Shinobi looked out through their windows, and just couldn't bring themselves to go out.

At the Hokage tower, Kakashi was seated with his back turned to his desk, looking at the village through the opened window of his office. The sixth Hokage, had his mask down, allowing cold after rain morning breeze to blow at his face and refresh him.

" You return with the unexpected, Naruto... " He sighs, " things have always been particularly hard for you. And here I was thinking, everything would be smooth sailing for you now, but I guess the tale of Naruto Uzumaki is not over yet. " said Kakashi.

- Last night -

Every single adult and adolescents in the village, having felt a change in the air were drawn out of their homes. When they got out, they each noticed the explosive light of the destructive balls when Sasuke had shot at them in orbit.

The sensor types, due to the Susano-o being far up in the exosphere could only faintly sense the massive amount of chakra being utilized by the Uchiha.

As they observed, the rain which had eased into a drizzle began to pour once more, none however left the spot in which they stood before the rain started up again. They didn't mind being wet, as they deemed their self given task too important.

Kakashi Hatake also stood upon a rooftop, alongside Shikamaru and several Anbu observing the skies, as their clothes and bodies got drenched.

Several minutes passed, then Kurama broke through the pouring clouds in a majestic and dazzling form, every eye outside watched the nine tailed fox's descent from the raining sky above.

Kakashi made a hand gesture, thus Shikamaru and the Anbus moved accordingly and followed behind the Hokage. Jumping from one roof to another, bringing them closer to Kurama's area of descent.

Arriving, Kurama was in the spacious midst of a massive crowd from every corner of the village. From the rooftop, Kakashi and those with him observed the situation below.

" Is that Kurama? " Shikamaru inquired quizzically, " it would seem so. And it seems he came bringing Naruto and Sasuke " said Kakashi.

" Naruto?... You mean, that other guy is Naruto, " " some things have definitely changed. But yes, that's him "

" Hokage sama, allow me to approach Kurama, he'll give me the details, " said one of the Anbus, with a mask that had the spiral Uzumaki symbol drawn upon it in bold red colour.

" Go " said Kakashi in monotone.

The spiral masked anbu takes off with a single jump, till he drops down a few feet from Kurama, whoms light illuminated his surroundings.

" Kurama San, is that you? " asked the anbu approaching cautiously with his eyes observing the unconscious form of Naruto and Sasuke.

" You've seen enough, go home... You, Sarutobi grandson come with me " said Kurama wrapping a third tail around the spiral masked anbu, and then flying off with him.

Once Kurama was gone, the villagers dispersed and went back into their homes.

" Shouldn't we follow too? " asked an anbu, " no. This matter has gotten personal, we shouldn't interfere " Shikamaru says. . .