CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Naruto (Sasuke) and Mei Terumi conversed, whilst sitting on a couch in the patio. In both their hands is a cup of steaming tea, courtesy of Sasuke whom was feeling generous enough to make enough for everyone (including the escorts).

" Can I admit something? " said Naruto, " what is it? " asked Mei Terumi.

" I was actually a bit scared, and saddened at the thought of you not recognizing me. It came as a shock to me to see you here, when I had honestly convinced myself of not seeing you, you know... because of all this, "

Mei Terumi smiled briefly at Naruto, then she looked down at the refreshing liquid within the tea cup in her hands.

" I'm still not entirely sure of how I recognized you. I just did, I walked in and seeing you and the Uchiha it just felt wrong. Believe it or not, had you not called me by my kage title, I couldn't have completely known it was you " she said.

Naruto smiled and says, " Mizukage sama, " " hmm? " Mei Terumi utters tilting her head to look at him. " Mizukage sama ", " what? "

" Mizukage sama, " " why do you keep calling me by my title? " asked Mei Terumi slightly amused, by Naruto's repetition.

" Because it's a beautiful title, which befits you in every way. I say it out of my utmost respect for you and your position. Being a kage is something I've wanted since I was a child, and you've spent years on the job, that is a strength even I don't think I yet possess. It's intimidating and yet sexy– if you don't mind me saying, "

Mei Terumi shook her head. " No, keep going " she says. Naruto chuckles, " I think I should stop "

" Why? ", " I'm having a hard time as it is, I do not want to fall prey to my desires while in this body. " said Naruto.

" Yeah, you probably shouldn't " said Mei Terumi softly looking back down at her tea.

Silence fills the gap between them for several seconds, before the Mizukage decided to speak up once more.

" Broaching the Kage topic... Is becoming Hokage still your dream? " asked Mei Terumi.

It was Naruto's turn to look down at his tea, and he did so with a small almost wistful smile on his face.

" As time passes, days turning into weeks and weeks into months, I lost touch with that dream. It came a time not too long ago, I wondered as to why being the leader of this village was so important to me, and the reason was still the same. To be acknowledged, and have the people respect me.

" All that which I had earned already, so I reached the conclusion that I didn't yet need that responsibility. And as to not betray my Ninja way completely, I said to myself. 'Naruto some day you will become the Hokage of the hidden leaf village. As a man who can lead a greater and better generation'. For now, I've chosen to let Kakashi sensei keep handling and running things, he's not a big fan of the job, but he gets things done. " said Naruto.

" You never cease to dazzle me with this power of yours, " said Mei Terumi, " power? What power, " He asks.

" The power of your words, which is readily backed by an even greater action... I can neither tell you this choice you have made, is right or wrong. Since I myself have become self-centered, leaving my village to have a look at you, and see if you have indeed returned "

" And?, are you going to leave ", " how can I. I'm yet to get a real look at you, my mission goal is not yet achieved " said Mei Terumi.

" Well I'm glad to hear that, I'll also make sure to pay you back for all your troubles with more of this... Woooo, " he utters with a sigh. " I really like having you around, my life feels so much better with you in it " said Naruto.