chapter 3

Nori's POV:

I arrived at school and it's games day. I head outside to my school's big track field and I head over to the water station where I'm supposed to stay with Hyunjin for the day. He's not there yet so I sit down under the canopy and go on my phone.

"Hey stupid." Hyunjin says from behind, sitting down beside me. I look at him but don't say anything. "You look funny when you're sad." Hyunjin said teasingly. I look over at him and gave him a face.

When the event started, there was students everywhere and the whole field was crowded. Hyunjin and I did nothing but sit down in the shade watching everyone play. All the athletes seem tired and didn't want to walk all the way to the edge of the field to get water. So, I suggested that me and Hyunjin could go and give water to them instead. Unfortunately, when I asked him, he flat out ignored me. I kept repeating myself, but he kept ignoring me. I had enough, so I scoffed behind him and I grabbed as much water as I could and carried it to some of the athletes on the field.

When I was about to give water to more people, someone was running to a friend and bumped into me. I fell down and dropped all the water that was in my arms. Suddenly, a group of girls walked over to me. Just when I thought that they were going to help me, I recognized them. Hana, Moona, Chaerin, Iseul, and Eundae. A.k.a, the five girls who always tease me. Chaerin speaks up, "Look at this loser! How clumsy she is. You know, maybe I should start calling you Klutz!!" All of her little minions start laughing along with her.

I quickly stand up and start picking up the water bottles I dropped in front of them. Once I picked them up, I try walking away from the girls, but Iseul makes a move and pushes me back down on the floor.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Leave her alone, brat." I look up to see Felix. Once the girls leave, Felix comes up to me, "Let me help you." "I don't need your help." I reject his help and I pick up the water bottles once again and head back to the water station. I've had enough with everyone today. It hasn't even been halfway through school and suddenly everyone who approaches me has a problem with me. Or maybe, it's just me.

I throw the water bottles on the grass beside the table in the water station. Hyunjin stares at me as I sit down. All of a sudden, Felix walks up to us. "Chaerin can we talk, please?" He puts his hands on the table. "You've said everything you needed to say. I've heard enough of you." I refuse to look at him. He tries to make eye contact with me, "I'm sorry, Ri. I didn't mean the things I said to you that day." I look at him, annoyed. "You don't have the right to call me that anymore. Just leave me alone, Felix. Go bother your other friends."

I stare at him, waiting for him to leave. He eventually does. I realized Hyunjin had been listening to the whole thing. I look over to him, and he's looking at Felix with an unpleasant face. Hyunjin turns his face to me, "Why do you have a problem with everyone?" Hyunjin laughs. "I don't! It's them that have a problem with me. I'm just minding my own business." I give him a soft push. "You need to teach those girls to leave you alone too. Stand up for yourself." Hyunjin suddenly gets serious. "For the last time, I do. They just think they can mess with me because they think I don't look tough enough to fight them. They only mess with gentle looking people." I cross my arms. Hyunjin blurts, "Who said you looked gentle?" He starts laughing at his words.

"Yah!" I push him again, but harder this time. "That hurt!" He rubbed his arm with his hand. "Good." I smirk.