chapter 19

Nori's POV:

The bell loudly rang and it was time to leave the classroom. I piled up all my books and picked them up before leaving the class. Once I finished putting my books in my locker and closed it, a figure from beside scared me, making me jump as my locker door shut. "I don't even get a thank you?" Hyunjin scoffed as he leaned against a locker. I roll my eyes, "Thanks." I walk away from him, trying to make my way to the cafeteria.

Sadly, I was interrupted. Hyunjin continued walking beside me and clearly won't leave me alone. Remembering his father's words, there's guards watching me. I can notice Hyunjin looking at me and trying to gather up words to start a conversation.

As we both walked into the cafeteria, eyes were both on me and Hyunjin. I could hear the muffled whispers coming from students as Hyunjin walked beside me. I carelessly roll my eyes and grab a tray to get some food for myself. "What's up with you? First, you're clearly ignoring me and now you're rolling your eyes like every minute. You never roll your eyes, Nori." I pause, thinking if I should answer or not, "I don't know." I abruptly say. Without looking at him, I continue to slide my tray down the rails and pick out my food from the food tables.

When I finished, I picked up my tray and started walking to an empty table. I could notice Hyunjin was still behind me. I was suddenly disrupted when I heard someone behind me blurt, "Nori! Over here!" I turned my head around and Lee Know was motioning his hands for me to come sit at their table. I really didn't want to. Not that I didn't like hanging out with them, it's just because I'll have to be with Hyunjin. I literally can't do anything to stay away from him.

I sigh and pick my tray back up from the table and walk towards their table. Once I sit down, Hyunjin sits beside me. I just eat my food and stay silent for most of the time, because if I talk, I'll end up talking to Hyunjin.

"How come you two are so awkward each with each other right now? It's like you'd gone through a break up." Felix giggles. I jolt my head up to look at Felix and see Hyunjin shrugging in my peripheral vision. I shrug along with him.

"You two are just boring now." Lee Know exclaims. I don't look up this time. The bell finally rings and I quickly get up and speed walk to the tray area and put my tray on top of the other ones. Without saying goodbye, I leave Lee Know, Felix, and Hyunjin and start walking to my class. When I got close to the door, I hear Lee Know murmur, "What's up with her?"

After school

I gather up my things from my locker before I head to work. I close my locker door and put my backpack over my shoulders. Making my way out of the school doors, I speed walk my way to the café.

Once I arrive, I go to the lockers and quickly change into my uniform. After that, I leave the back room and go to the cash register to start taking orders.

I start taking order's from people and maintain a positive energy. Even though I shouldn't be, I keep thinking about Hyunjin. It's odd that he's more than five minutes late. He's mostly on time and somewhere behind me while I'm walking to the café. I take my mind off my thoughts when a male customer walks up in front of me, waiting for me to take his order. "Hi! What can I get you today?" I politely smile. The boy returns the smile, "Just a small iced americano, please." I nod at him while typing his order onto the screen. I tell him the price and he pays with cash. "Your order will be right on the side." I point to the side of the counter where the orders are placed.

When the male walks off, my eyes wander around the café, looking out the window. When my eyes are about to focus on something else, a boy and a girl catch my eye and I immediately look back out the window.

It had looked like they just came back from a nice after school walk, hand in hand. They stopped in front of the café and talked to each other. I realized that their uniform was from the same school that I go to. The girl lifted up her head a little, and I suddenly recognized her. Chaerin. Looks like she found someone. Maybe she moved on from Hyunjin. I sigh in relief — maybe she'll stop bothering the crap out of me since there's no reason for her to be obsessing over Hyunjin anymore.

Or not.

Chaerin and the black-haired boy finish talking and before Chaerin walked off, she gave him a little peck on the cheek. When she was at a distance, the boy walked into the café with his head down. For some cause, he looked down. He didn't look as happy as any other boy would look like if his girlfriend were to kiss him on the cheek. Instead, he looked annoyed — maybe even pissed.

He opened the door to the café, and as he walked inside, the chimes on the door rang. He made his way closer to the front. Closer to me. Before I knew it, he lifted his head up. Not only did I see a face I recognize, but a face I didn't expect to see. I blurted, "Hyu-?"

"Excuse me? I'd like to take my order." A woman in front of me waved her hand at my face.