chapter 16

Nori's POV:

After cleaning out everything in the café, I grabbed my bag from my locker and walked out the door. I was about to put my headphones on until I heard heavy footsteps and someone put their hand on my shoulder, "Where are you going?" I stop walking and turn around to see Hyunjin panting heavily with a little smile on his face. "Home?" I say, confused. "I'll walk you. Let's go." He grabs my hand and pulls me along with him.

"I'll walk you home, instead." I say, still walking. Hyunjin stops in his tracks and turns around to me. He tries to read my face in hopes that I was somewhat just joking around. His eyebrows raised as he realized that I was being serious. He chuckles, "What? Don't be ridiculous. I'm walking you home, idiot." I pull my arm back, making him stop and turn around to me once again, "I'll walk home myself, then."

I start walking, leaving him standing in the middle of the sidewalk. Honestly, I was expecting him to run back, but I didn't hear any footsteps coming from behind.

I made it to a busstop somewhere and decided to sit down. It was pitch black outside, and it was only 7:00 PM. I put my bag down beside me and started to admire the stars in the sky. I got up a few minutes later and continued walking back home.

"Walk slower." I hear a deep voice from behind me as someone pushed my head. "Why do you do that so much? It hurts." I groan as I rub the back of my head. Hyunjin just laughs and catches up beside me. As we're about to take a turn on the way to my house, I walk the other way. "Nori, where are you going?" Hyunjin shouts from behind me. "I don't know, wherever your house is, I guess!" I shout back as I'm walking further from him.

Suddenly, a thunderbolt strikes a few blocks away from the street we're in. Seconds later, it starts pouring. "You're so annoying." is what Hyunjin says before running up to me and putting his bag on top of my head. "I have my own bag, you know." I complain. He scoffs and we start running.

He brings me to this gigantic mansion and we run up to the front door. There was a roof, so the rain wasn't pouring on us anymore. "Where are we? Did you really just choose a random house to run to?" I say, looking outside at how bad the rain is. Hyunjin says breathless, "Idiot, this is my house." I slowly turn my head to him with wide eyes and he's already opening the door. "What are you waiting for? Get in." He tries screaming over the rain from the inside of the house. I walk inside and stand there in awe. His house is huge. "Is your dad the president or something?" My jaw is open. "Chairman." He replies while taking his shoes off. After I'm done admiring his house, I take my shoes off as well.

Hyunjin and I are both drenched, including our backpacks. "Come with me, I'll give you some of my clothes for now." He says while pointing his head to the stairs and leading me up.

Once we got to his room, he headed to his closet and looked for some clothes. He grabbed a pair of pyjama pants and one of his shirts, "Here. You can change in my bathroom." He pointed to his bathroom and I nodded while walking away. I locked the door and put on the clothes he had given me. They were baggy, and I liked it. It even smells like him.

I figured that he might be changing as well, so I knocked from the inside of the bathroom before coming out, "Can I come out?" Hyunjin says from his room, "Yeah." I walk out of the bathroom and sit on his bed. "You look really good in my clothes. By the way, you're staying over, right?" He smirks. "Oh yeah, I guess so. I'll just have to text my mom." I grab my phone from beside me and start texting my mom. Hyunjin takes a seat next to me while I'm on my phone.

Umma💕:

Hey, Mom! I'm just gonna be at Felix's for the night. It started raining heavily otw home so he offered me to stay. Drive safe! Love you.

Alright, honey! Say hi to Mr. and Mrs. Lee for me hahaha. Love you too

"You didn't have to lie, you know." I suddenly jumped when Hyunjin leaned to my ear and whispered to me. "I know, but my mom doesn't know you. And considering you're a chairman's son is a big thing for my mom." I put my phone down beside me.

"Well, it's getting late. Goodnight." Hyunjin walks to his door. "Wait, where are you going?" "To the guest room." "No, it's fine, I'll go to the guests. This is your room anyway." Hyunjin nods and I get up to go to the guest room. He comes out and shows me where the room is. When we got there, the room was empty. "I guess they sold everything." He says from behind me. "So where do I sleep?" I turn to him. "I guess you could sleep on my bed. It's spacious anyways and the couch is really uncomfortable for any of us to sleep in."

I walk back to his room and he followed along. His bed is pretty big. I'm pretty sure it's a king. I got comfy on one side of the bed and Hyunjin turned the lights off. He went on the opposite side of the bed and got comfy as well. We slept at a distance.