chapter 13

Nori's POV:

It's currently the weekend right now. I've been thinking for awhile, since my mom is barely ever at home and I'll have nothing to do for the summer, I should just get a job. A little café near school is open for hiring. I should definitely give it a try and start saving up for my college funds. It shouldn't be so bad. I'll try getting shifts for the afternoon on Sunday, after school on weekdays, and I could take Saturday as a break.

I walked to the café and talked to the boss for job hiring. She was super nice and hired me almost immediately. I didn't think it was going to be super fast, but it was. My first shift starts tomorrow on a Monday and my boss, Sa-Rang, gave me my uniform; an apron and a hat that has the café's name on it. Our uniform is just full black, so that really shouldn't be a problem. Sa-Rang gave me a tour of the café and introduced me to the employee's. Everyone seemed pretty nice and I felt like I was warming up already. I talked to my mom about my job and she was more than happy for me to go.

Monday, 7:45 AM

I just finished eating breakfast and I grab my bag and head over to the front door. I quickly put on my shoes and once I finished, I opened the door. Standing on my doormat again, is Hyunjin. I tutored him yesterday for the first time, and he actually showed up. He didn't seem very fond of it, but I got him to listen. I think. Most of the time, he would get antsy or he would just stare at me when I tried explaining things.

"C'mon, we're gonna be late." Hyunjin grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him. I lock the door behind me and we start walking side by side once again. I honestly don't even know why he bothers walking to school with me every morning when he has Chaerin. I'm pretty sure they're in some kind of relationship, but he sure doesn't act like they are.

"Are you doing anything after school?" He looks over to me. I look down and back up at him, "Yeah, I have a shift." Hyunjin looks shocked. "You have a job?" I chuckle, "Yeah, it's my first day today." He nods his head and continues walking.

4:30 PM

School ended and now I'm on my way to work. I'm still in my uniform and I figured that I could just change into my black clothes and just put on my apron and hat when I get to the café.

When I walked in, little bells hanging from the door rang as I opened it. I was greeted by the employees working behind the counter. I greet them back with a warm smile and quickly walk to the back room. That is where I see the set of lockers and one with my name on it. A sticker with the words, "Shin No-Ri" is attached onto my locker door. I open it and see a lovely brown apron and matching hat with the café's name. On the top shelf of the locker, stands my name tag with "Shin No-Ri" again and with "Barista" in little letters below my name. I take my black flare leggings and cropped shirt and put them on before I take my apron off the hanger and put it on as well. After putting on all my clothes, I put my hair up in a messy low bun and put my hat on. I walk out of the back room and into the service area.

I look around, unknown of what to do, until this kind-looking girl walks up to me. "Are you Nori? I'll show you around. I'm Minji." I look down at her name tag, and see a pin that says, "Best Talent" on it. I nod my head at her and I follow her to the cashier. "Sa-Rang told me that you'll be in charge of taking orders and operating the cash register." Minji shows me all the basics and things I needed to know about the cash register. Once she finishes, she looks over to me, "If you ever need help, just call me over!" She greets me with a wide smile and I smile back at her before she gets back to doing her work.

So far, I'm really liking this place. I already got tons of smiles and kind greetings from the other employees, and Minji's super sweet.

7:20 AM

"Nori, wake up!! We're going to be so late if you don't get up right now." The second I try opening my eyes, I'm being dragged out of my bed and pulled down to the floor. I open my eyes widely and rub them, trying to see better. Once I get a better vision, I see no other than Hyunjin standing above me with his uniform on and ready to go to school. "Who the hell let you in?" I sit up. "I found your mom's facebook account and asked her if there was a hidden key anywhere." Hyunjin stands up straight. My eyebrows furrow as I stand up, "You seriously need to stop showing up at my front door, Hyun." I see a vivid smirk appear on his face, "Hyun? I like it when you say that. And besides, you'd be missing school if I didn't show up. Get ready."

Without saying anything, I walk to my bathroom. Before closing the door, I take my hand and signal Hyunjin to leave my room as I get ready. He walks out and I hear his footsteps running down the stairs.