chapter 6

Nori's POV:

It's been a few days since I got slapped in the face by Iseul. School nowadays have been peaceful, thanks to Hyunjin. Something weird though, is that Hyunjin hasn't been talking to me anymore. He's been distant. I don't know if I did something, but it seems like he hates me. I tried texting and calling him a few times but he just hangs up and leaves me on read.

I arrive to school earlier than I usually do. As I get inside, Hyunjin's presence isn't bothering me anymore. I look over to him and he's hanging out by the lockers, laughing with his friends. I realized he was hanging out in front of my locker. He's already been avoiding me and I don't want to go up to him because I'm scared he'll do something. So, I wait until the bell rings to get to my locker. Once it rings, Hyunjin and his friends say goodbye to each other and go to their classes. I run to my locker and rush opening it while grabbing my things and shoving my bag in there.

I got all my things and I push my locker door to close harshly. I run to my class and when I get there, I immediately stop running and walk slowly. "Shin Nori! What's your reason for being late?" Mrs. Jun screams at me. For the first time, I couldn't think of an excuse fast. "Nothing, Ma'am." Mrs. Jun's face turns angry and she tells me to go outside on my knees with my hands on my head. I sigh and bow to her before leaving the classroom. I can't believe I'm getting punished for the second time in a row. My marks aren't going to look good.

When class finished, I was zoning out, so I didn't hear the bell ring. The students came out of the classroom, Hyunjin being the first one. When he saw me, he noticed that I was zoning out. He pushed me with his index finger and I fell to my side. My mind came back to reality and I quickly stand up to try and talk to Hyunjin. Suddenly, he starts walking and I try to catch up to him. Right when I get the chance to almost tap his shoulder, little miss Chaerin slides in front of me, blocking me from Hyunjin. She then looks at me up and down and walks beside Hyunjin. Before I knew it, she takes her arm and links it with his.

What the hell? One day, Hyunjin stands up for me and makes my bully finally leave me alone. The next, he's dating my bully? I can't believe what I just saw. Still in shock, I start walking to biology with a confused look on my face, weirding people out around me.

When I arrive to biology, Hyunjin's there before me, of course. I slowly make my way to him and sit down, not making any eye contact. As class started, Hyunjin and I were working in silence. We have a new assignment and it involves microscopes because we have to look through different foods that touched the ground for an amount of time. Problem is, each table only has one microscope.

I took the microscope first because I know Hyunjin doesn't like biology at all, so the least I can do is do the assignments before him. I look through different foods and once I'm done going through all of them, I slowly take the microscope and push it in front of Hyunjin without looking over at him. As usual, he starts looking through the food and writing descriptions down on his textbook. While he works, I just sit there and look around at everyone.

I think Mrs. Lee can sense something going on between me and Hyunjin, because she's always looking at us. A lot. Everytime I look over at her, her eyes are focused on Hyunjin and I. She's probably curious of why we're not throwing food at each other this time and laughing hysterically. Honestly, I'm wondering that too.

I think at one point in the class, Hyunjin wanted to ask me a question, but stopped himself. I saw him looking over at me with the corner of my eye. I was going to ask him if something was wrong, but I backed out.