chapter 14

Nori's POV:

When I was halfway through putting my clothes on, I heard knocking on my door. "I'm changing!" I shout from inside of the room. Hyunjin chuckles, "Are you almost ready? It's 7:54. We're gonna have to sprint." I jolt my head to the clock in my room and almost trip as I finish putting my pants on. I run to the door and I open it, seeing Hyunjin standing in front of me with his hands crossed. I run down the stairs and Hyunjin runs along. When I made it downstairs, I saw that my bag was already packed. "Oh yeah, I made your lunch for you and everything." Hyunjin says from behind me. "Really? Thank you so much." I turn around to look at him and turn back around to pick my bag up.

I grab Hyunjin's arm and pull him out of the house along with me. I lock the door behind me and Hyunjin and I start sprinting to school. We run across every street and don't stop running. While we're running on a sidewalk, I stop and start panting heavily with my hands on my knees. Hyunjin runs back to me as he notices that I stopped, "Are you okay? We just have a few minutes." I look up at him, "Yeah, I'm fine." I stand back up fully and Hyunjin holds my hand while he pulls me with him as he continues running.

Right when we went through the schools gates, the bell rang. We ran faster than we did as we entered the school and just took our bags with us to class. When we ran into math class, Mrs. Jun looked at us dead in the eye. "Ms. Shin, Mr. Hwang. Outside." Hyunjin sighed as my face dropped and we dropped our bags by the door and walked out. I dropped to my knees and put my hands on my head while I roll my eyes. Once Hyunjin does this too, he looks over to me, "This is your fault, you know. Don't be acting all sassy when you're the one who didn't wake up in time." I didn't even dare to look at Hyunjin. He looks pissed anyways.

We continue to kneel and our faces slowly dropped, looking like we just got tormented. "I'm sorry. I should've gotten up earlier. I didn't hear my alarm." I finally find the courage to look at him. He turns his face, looking into my eyes. "It's fine. Just wake up next time." Hyunjin laughs. I laugh it off as well. "It's funny how this isn't our first time getting detention together." He smirks. I look at him and push him playfully on his shoulder.

It's been a few hours, and it's now lunch. I go to my locker to get the lunch Hyunjin made me this morning. It was in a cute little steel container. I smile as I pull it out of my bag and head to the cafeteria. Before finding a place to sit, I grab a spoon and a fork beside the stack of trays. I look around the place, trying to spot a table where I can eat my lunch on. Just then, someones arm slides around my neck. "Don't even think about sitting anywhere else. You're staying with us." I look to my right as Lee Know walks me to his usual spot with Hyunjin and Felix.

When we made it, I spot a girl sitting beside Hyunjin, being all clingy around him. As I'm about to sit down, I hear a voice, "Ew. What is she doing here? Who invited this freak. No one wants her here." Chaerin rests her head on her hand. Before I can protest, Lee Know speaks up before I can, "I did. Sure seems like no one invited you, though. You just showed up here. No one wants you here." Felix lets out a giggle, trying to stop it immediately. Seeing him laugh makes me laugh as well. Chaerin shuts her mouth, feeling pissed.

"Ri, what's that? I was about to buy you lunch." Felix leans closer, trying to get a peek of my lunch. "I don't know. Hyunjin made it for me. Wanna open it?" I say, pushing the container to Felix across from me as his face lights up with excitement. He's acting like the lunch is for him. As he takes the lid off of the steel container, he lets out a gasp and stares at the lunch with wide eyes. "What is it?" I try leaning over to see what made him gasp so loud. "I think we should trade lunches." Felix says, trying to hug the container to himself. "No, Hyunjin made me that!" I walk around the table and snatch the container from his arms.

As I look inside the container, there is bibimbap. No wonder Felix was drooling over it. I smirked as I looked at Felix and went back to my seat beside Lee Know.

Ever since we were kids, Felix would always crave bibimbap. It was like one of my moms specialties. He would always come over to our house and since my mom knew him so well, she would make bibimbap for dinner just for Felix. Sometimes after elementary school, Felix would secretly follow me as I walked home and would ask my mom for bibimbap. That day when we were eating my mom's bibimbap on the dinner table alone while my mom folded the laundries and watched tv, Felix told me that my mom's bibimbap is the only bibimbap he'll ever eat. He wasn't lying. Every time we were at a restaurant together, Felix never got bibimbap because he only craved my mom's.

"Can I at least have a spoonful?" Felix pouts. After I finish chewing, I look up at him, "I thought you only liked my mom's bibimbap." Felix looks defeated, "Well, I'm barely over anymore and I haven't eaten bibimbap for months." I nod my head no to him and continue eating my food. The whole lunch period, Felix kept watching me eat my bibimbap as he drooled.