chapter 7

Nori's POV:

Getting out of biology to go to lunch, I hear Chaerin and her friends talking. "Omg Chaerin! Tell us all about your date with Hyunjin! I want all the deets!" "Wait.. You had a date with Hyunjin?! Why didn't you tell us!!" "Guys! It's nothing! We just went to this really fancy restaurant and he payed for me!"

The laughter coming from them was hurting my ears. After every sentence, they would even start slapping each other's arms. My mom didn't give me any lunch money today, so I'm probably going to just sit down and read during lunch. I ate a big enough breakfast to last me the whole day anyway.

As I finish putting my books in my locker, I close it shut. By the corner of my eye, I can see someone standing beside me, hiding behind my locker door when it was open. Hwang Hyunjin. "So-Hi, can we ta-" I cut him in the middle of his sentence by walking away. There's no way this man is trying to talk to me after ignoring me for a week. Who does he think he is? I'd rather have him tease me than talk to me right now. While I'm walking, I hear running footsteps coming from behind me and suddenly, someone grabs my wrist, making me stop. I turn around and see Hyunjin once again. I look away from him and flick my arm out of his grip. "So-Hi, please." Hyunjin says as he walks beside me, trying to make eye contact.

I finally make it to the cafeteria and I sit down at an empty table in the corner of the cafeteria. Hyunjin gets dragged by his friends, making him leave me alone. I'm at peace. I take the book I grabbed from my locker and read it quietly. Obviously it isn't quiet around me, considering this is a cafeteria. It's nice to not be bothered all the time. I wish it was like this for me everyday.

Out of the blue, someone uninvited to disturb my peace sits in front of me. Lee Felix. I haven't talked to him since game's day. I thought he moved on or something. I guess not.

I give him a confused look, making him giggle a little. "Miss me?" Felix smirks. Ew, gross. My confused face quickly turns into a disgusted one. "What do you want, idiot?" I look down at my book. "Can you stop being so pissed at me? I know what I said was wrong, and I regret those words that I told you. I didn't mean them. I know I hurt you and I know you hated me for that. Can you just give me one more chance? I promise, I won't mess our friendship up this time." Felix catches my attention. I sigh and bite my lip, "Fine." Felix smiles and he hands me a little bowl of kimchi from his lunch tray. "Eat something." He smiles. "Thanks." I take the bowl and get a pair of chopsticks on his tray that he got for me.

While Felix and I are eating, I look around the room and someone catches my eye. Suddenly, me and Hyunjin are making eye contact. I quickly look back down at my food, but when I look back, he's still looking at me. I tried ignoring his stares for the whole lunch period. Surprisingly, it wasn't easy to.

"Who are you looking at?" Felix asks while chewing food in his mouth. "Oh, just Hyunjin. He's looking at me." I reply, tapping my chopsticks on my bowl. "What happened to you guys? I noticed you two were really close this past week, but now you guys are like, distant." He looks over at Hyunjin. "Uh. He started ignoring me and stuff like that. I don't know, it was just random. And apparently him and Chaerin are like dating now. I think they also had a date last night." I put my head down. Felix's eyes widen. "Woah, why do you look sad? Are you jealous?" My head jolts back up, "Are you being ridiculous?! No!! Never in a million years! He was probably only nice to me for a week because he felt bad about me getting bullied by Chaerin and her gang. To think of it, he defended me from them multiple times."

Felix and I go silent for awhile until the bell rings. "See you after class?" Felix stands up. "Yeah, sure." I reply, standing up with him.

During history, Chaerin and Moona were obsessing over Hyunjin's money and sports car. I never knew he was rich. He isn't the type of person to flex his wealthiness. By the sounds of it, Hyunjin's been spoiling Chaerin. I wonder if he'd just forgotten all about me. Whatever, it's not like I need him anyways. He can have any girl he wants for all I care. But he seriously needs to make up his mind.

Me or Chaerin.