chapter 9

Nori's POV:

Great. All of my school pants are dirty and I can't find anymore to wear. My last resource is my old school skirt I wore during freshman year. I put it on and look at it through the mirror.

It's so damn short. Part of my butt is sticking out. I'm so going to get dress coded for this, but it's my only option.

As I arrive to school, I can feel all the stares that are coming my way. I thought no one in this school even noticed me. I thought wrong. I try walking faster as I enter the gate and make my way inside. I speed walk to my locker and put my bag inside while grabbing my math books. When I close my locker and turn around to go to math early, Hyunjin's in my way. "That skirt's a little too short, don't cha think?" I scoff, "Oh, so you were looking?" Hyunjin's teasing face drops. "What, no! I can just tell." He looks around, avoiding eye contact with me. "Liar." I say before walking off.

"Finish your work from yesterday. I need to talk to the principal for awhile, so I'm leaving Pyeonghwa to be in charge. Any misbehaving actions will be reported to me by Pyeonghwa. Work!" Mrs. Jun shouts as she heads out of the classroom. I pull my books towards me and open them to start working. Just then, my hair is being pulled constantly. I turn around, "What do you want?" Hyunjin lets go of my hair, "I don't understand anything. Can you help?"

I know that if I help him, he isn't going to listen. He just wants a reason to talk to someone. But me, I want to get my work done. "No." I turn my head back around and continue writing my answers. Not long after, my head is pushed, making my pencil slip out of my hand. "Yah! What's your problem?" I turn back around with my eyebrows furrowed. I think I said that a little too loud because half of the class seems to be looking at me. Pyeonghwa's definitely going to snitch.

"You." Hyunjin smirks. I scoff, "You're the one bothering me. Leave me alone."

Wonjoo, a student in our class turns his head to us, "Can you two keep it down a little? You guys act like you like each other." Hyunjin looks deeply offended by his comment. He quickly opens his mouth to talk, "Like her? I can barely hold in my puke just by looking at her." My eyes widen. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I wasn't able to read his face. I was about to open my mouth to say something back at him, but Pyeonghwa opens hers before I can. "Can you two just shut up? The whole class can't focus because of your immaturity." She says, still looking at her paper. I give Hyunjin a snarly look before I turn around to do my work.

Ring~

The bell rang before I could even pick my pencil up. I stand up and grab my books before walking out. I hear whispers and conversations of students complaining how they couldn't get their work done because of me and Hyunjin. His fault. If he kept his hands to himself, nothing would've happened. Why does he have some sort of attraction to my hair, anyway? Weirdo.

Making my way to my locker, I see a foot appear in front of me. I can't process things quickly at this point, so I stupidly keep walking. Then, of course, I fall. Embarrassing. Without a second thought, getting up was the only thing I could process quickly. I get up and wipe the dust from the floor that went on my uniform.

Shoot. My skirt must've went up! I turn around swiftly, facing no other than Hyunjin. He's standing there, smirking. I can hear laughter, gasps, and whispers coming from students around the hallway. "You're such a damn nuisance." I look up at him. I just realized we're pretty close right now. Our bodies are almost touching. "Are you embarrassed?" Hyunjin chuckles, looking down at me. Of course I'm not going to admit that I am. "Embarrassed? The only thing I'm embarrassed by is your pathetic attempt of trying to get my attention." I look at him up and down. Hyunjin's eyebrows raise before he smirks. What is up with this coward? I turn myself back and continue walking.

"That was hot." Lee Know, Hyunjin's friend muttered. How can someone look "hot" when they're embarrassed? It was also kind of weird coming from Lee Know. Actually, it's not. He's always around in the hallways kissing different girls everyday.

"That skirt's a little too short, don't you think?" Felix walks up to me, looking at me  from head to toe. "Heard that one already." I keep walking, not looking at him. "Why're you so bummed? Something happen?" He tries to make eye contact. I look at him, "That jerk, Hyunjin, tripped me in the middle of the hallway. My skirt went up. His friend, Lee Know, also called me hot." As I look back at him, his hand is over his mouth. "That's crazy, Ri!" He says, in an exaggerated tone. I shrug my shoulders.

He then leaves my side and waves at me because his friends were calling him. When I reach my locker, I put my math books away. I close my locker and someone I've never talked to appears to have been hiding behind my locker door while leaning on the other lockers. Lee Know. "You're pretty, you know that, right?" I side eye him, "Yeah, yeah." He smirks, "No, I'm serious." I cross my arms, "How come you only notice me now? Because my skirt went up? "Hot" wasn't exactly the word for it." Lee know chuckles, "Oh, you heard me?" I raise my eyebrows as a "yes."

I walk off to biology, leaving Lee Know there.