chapter 17

Nori's POV:

My eyes slowly opened as the bright sun from the window reflected on me. As I came to realization that I wasn't on my own bed, I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and a head snuggled into my chest. I slowly escape from his arms and slide out of bed. I check my phone, and it's 7:08 AM. Hyunjin's probably going to wake up in a few minutes, so I'll let him be.

I took a shower and put on a spare pair of uniform that I had in my bag. I ran downstairs and walked around the whole house to look for the kitchen. I spotted it and there was a woman drinking a glass of water. "Do I know you?" She puts her glass down, examining me. "Oh, uh I'm just a friend of Hyunjin's. The rain got bad yesterday so he offered me to stay." I reply, fidgeting with my hands. She looks scary. I reckoned that she was Hyunjin's mom. "What's your name, sweetheart?" Her tone sounds more relieved. "Shin Nori." I smile. She smiles back at me, "Well, Nori. I'll be heading to work now. Feel free to make yourself at home. If Hyunjin doesn't wake up in the next few minutes, please do so for me. Bye!"

I nod at her and Mrs. Hwang grabs her keys from the island counter and waves at me before leaving the kitchen. I check the time, and it's already 7:33. I quickly find my way to the stairs and run up to wake Hyunjin. I open his door and see him still sleeping. I walk up to his bed and tap his shoulder. After tapping him and calling his name repeatedly, he eventually turns around and squints his eyes at me. A soft, gentle smile appears on his face as he realizes that it's just me. "Wake up, it's 7:35." I smile at him. He nods his head and groans out of bed.

While he's getting himself ready, I make my way back to the kitchen and make myself some toast. I also made an extra one for Hyunjin. I put the bread in the toaster. While waiting for them to heat up, I grab an avocado from the fridge and cut it up. Once I was done cutting two of them up, the bread popped up from the toaster. I walk back to the toaster, grab a plate, and put the bread on the plate. I then took a butter knife and scooped up the avocado while spreading it out on the bread.

I finished spreading avocado on the bread and took one of them and sat down on the stools that are by the island. I ate while going through my phone and checking if there was any school updates. Midway into finishing my toast, I heard running footsteps coming downstairs. I put my phone down and peek out of the kitchen. "There you are. I've been looking for you, I thought you left." Hyunjin says as he puts his elbows down on the island and ruffles my hair. I quickly fix my hair and Hyunjin sees the avocado toast I made for him.

He points at the bread, "Is this for me?" "Who else." I raise my eyebrows. Hyunjim smiles and he runs up to the toast and picks it up. "C'mon lets start walking. We'll be late if we leave any sooner."

I stand up from the stool, grab my phone and bag, and walk to the front door with Hyunjin. As I was putting on my shoes, He already finished, "Where'd you get the fresh uniform?" "I keep a spare in my bag." I finish putting on my shoes and we head out the door. Hyunjin locks the door behind him and we start walking to school while he eats his toast.

Time skip to lunch

"Let's hangout after school. Just the four of us." Lee Know blurts. "Sure, I'm free." Felix added. Hyunjin and I agreed. "I'm just going to go to my locker to get my water bottle. I'll be back!" I announced while getting up from my seat. "Don't take too long!" Lee Know shouts from behind me.

I make my way to my locker and once I made it, I grab my water bottle and shut my locker door. When I'm about to walk back to the cafeteria, I see three men in suits walking up to me. "Are you Shin Nori?" One of them asks. I questioned confused, "Yes, who are you?" None of them answer my question. "Come with us, ma'am. Chairman's orders." The one in the back deeply added. I put my water bottle back in my locker and follow them out of the school. I remembered that Hyunjin told me that his dad is a chairman.

The car parked in front of Hyunjin's house. My door was opened by one of the suited men. I climbed out of the car and the man closed the door. I followed him into the house and he led me into a room that looks like an office. I look around the room, not paying attention to anything. "Nori." I jump from the sudden voice. I look in front of me and see a man sitting down behind a desk full of papers and other things. "Take a seat." He points to the chair in front of his desk. I walk up to the chair and sit down awkwardly. "Why do you want me here, sir?" I ask nervously.

"I've been seeing you spending a lot of time with my son. I even got informed that he got a job because he figured out you worked there." He takes a sip of his coffee before speaking up again, "This morning, I was going to say bye to him before going to work, but I noticed you two... Snuggling?" He pauses again to clear his throat. "I must say, Ms. Shin, my son really likes you."

"But unfortunately, I can't let you two happen." I'm still taken aback from his words, that I can't even speak. He laughs, "You must like him too?" I laugh falsely, "Oh uh, no sir." Mr. Hwang smiles, "Well, that's exactly what I wanted to hear." His facial expressions got serious. "There's a girl who attends your school, Yang Chaerin. Me and her dad set a deal with our companies, and we both think Chaerin and my son make a perfect couple. So, we both agreed on having them getting married once highschool is over. So do me a favour and stay away from Hyunjin. I want him to only be with Chaerin."

I can feel a lump in my throat. For some odd reason, I want to protest. I'm pretty sure I don't have feelings for Hyunjin, but at the same time, I think I do.

I lift my head up to look at Mr. Hwang, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do that." He suddenly looks angry from my choice of words. "Well, I don't think it'll turn out good for Hwaseo." My eyes widen in shock. That's my mom's name. He then slides a picture of my mom at work in front of me. "Changed your mind?" He gave me a sinister smile. "Fine. I'll stay away from him. Just don't hurt my mom." I answer with my eyes ready to tear up. "Deal." He smiles in victory. "I'll have a few people watching you, so make sure you keep your word. Go back to school, now."

I get up from my seat and leave the house almost immediately. I walk back into the car and the driver drives me back to school. That's it. Just when I feel something for him, I'm told to leave him alone. It's not like he sees anything in me, anyway. Chaerin is almost perfect. She's everything a guy wants.