chapter 15

Nori's POV:

After history, I walked over to the library and waited for Hyunjin. As I was admiring books from afar, I feel a hand on my head and my head is being pushed forward. "Hey, Loser." I turn around and Hyunjin places his math books on the table. When he sits down, he completely ignores me and puts his head down on the table. "What're you doing?" I tap his shoulder. He groans, "I'm tired. Can I just rest for this period?" "No, are you crazy?" I pull the back of his shirt up, making him look at me.

I take his books and start explaining today's math lesson to him. When I look over to Hyunjin a couple of times, he's either nodding his head while looking deeply into my eyes, or he's looking at my lips. "Are you even paying attention?" I make eye contact. "Yeah, I'm listening. Keep going." I look back at the textbook and continue explaining things to him.

After school, I started walking to the café. And when I arrived, it wasn't too busy. My boss, Sa-Rang was here, though. She usually doesn't come unless there's a new employee coming in. I finished putting on my uniform and went to the service area. The bells on the door suddenly rang as I was taking a girl's order. My boss came up to me after the girl left, "Nori, this is our new employee, Hyunjin! He'll be starting today."

I was hoping it was just some other Hyunjin that I didn't know about. There's gotta be other Hyunjin's around here. I look up from my cash register and smile to my boss, then to the guy beside her. My smile dropped as I saw Hyunjin standing there smirking at me. Hwang Hyunjin. "Is something wrong, Nori?" My boss smiles. "Oh, no it's nothing. We just know each other." I look back to my cash register.

My boss led Hyunjin to the lockers to go get his uniform. When he came out, I caught myself frozen in the spot, staring at him. He walked up to me and stood in front of me. He took his finger and moved my head to face the cash register. I then noticed that someone was in line waiting to tell me their order. "Sorry, about that. What can I get you today?" I chuckled at the customer.

I finished taking their order and Minji came up to Hyunjin and I. "Hey, are you the new employee?" Minji smiles at him. "Oh yeah, I am." Hyunjin puts his focus on her. I can see the two of them looking into each other's eyes and getting flustered every time they said something to one another. For some reason, I could feel anger in my veins. I suddenly interrupted their conversation and talked to Minji, "Are you going to assign him to a station?" Minji stops looking at me and turns to Hyunjin, "Right, sorry. I would assign you to my station, but Sa-Rang assigned you to be with Nori for a few days until you warm up, then you can come over to my station."

Hyunjin smiles at Minji before she walks away and gets back to her work. He notices me glaring at her. "Is something bothering you?" Hyunjin puts his hand on my shoulder. "No, I'm fine." I turn back around and stand behind the cash register.

Hyunjin stuck by my side and listened to me take all the customers orders. I also taught him how to use the cash register. He caught along pretty well and I even let him take one order. When me and Hyunjin were having a conversation while waiting for someone to come, Minji came up to us, "Hey, Nori, can you go check the coffee machine? I think it's broken and you'll probably know how to fix it. Can you also refill the vanilla and caramel? Thanks so much, I'll fill in for you while you're doing those."

I didn't exactly want to do those things for her, but since she was so nice about it, I said yes. "I'll be back." I tapped Hyunjin's shoulder. Minji gave me a wide smile while I walked off. I made it to the other side of the service area, where all the machines were. I went to the coffee machine which Minji told me was broken. I tried testing it, but it seemed to be working. It was just out of water. Does she think I'm stupid? I rolled my eyes and went over to the sink to fill the water tank. I was about to walk back to Minji, but I forgot that she told me to refill the vanilla and caramel, so I went to the storage room and got new bottles of vanilla and caramel. I placed them on the shelf where we keep all of the other flavourings.

I walked back to Minji and Hyunjin, but I noticed them laughing together and talking. Minji was flirting with him and being all touchy, but Hyunjin was just ignoring it and giving her signs that he just wants to be friends.

Wait until I tell her he has a girlfriend.

I decided to walk back to Minji to tell her that the machine is working just fine and that I refilled the things she told me to, but I noticed her and Hyunjin talking and I didn't want to be a bother. So, I walk back to the coffee machine and start making orders.

In the middle of making a latte, I turned around and Hyunjin was standing right in front of me. I accidentally bumped into him. The latte I had just made didn't have a lid on yet, so it unfortunately spilled on the both of us. I gasp as the hot beverage touches our skin. I quickly put the cup down on the counter behind me and grab tissue nearby. Not thinking about myself first, I put my hand on Hyunjin's shoulder and try patting his apron dry. "I'm so sorry. I should've watched where I was going. I didn't mean to." I avoided eye contact with him, still trying to pat him dry.

A bunch of stress was going through my head because of who knows what. I don't know what, but something just made me so mad. As I'm trying to dry Hyunjin's apron, my pats became more aggressive each time. Hyunjin noticed, "Woah, woah, woah. Calm down." He grabs my wrist and puts it down beside me gently. "Are you okay? You seemed off lately. You haven't come back to the cash register yet, and I'm stuck with Minji." I put my head down on his chest and groan. "I don't know, but I'm just stressed." I say as I keep hitting my head repeatedly on his chest.

"Yah, stop it." He takes my forehead and pushes me back. "Come work with me again. Minji's not doing anything but talking to me." Hyunjin says. I simply nod and he puts his arm around me while we walk back.