chapter 10

Nori's POV:

As I walk in biology class, I see little insect cages with tiny eggs in them on every desk. I look around confused until I reach mine. I'm sitting down and examining it with a microscope that's beside the cage. "Hey, loser." I slowly turn my head to see Hyunjin. Man, why can't we just get new seating partners already? I ignore him and get back to examining the egg.

Hyunjin slowly moves his chair closer to mine and moves his head close to the cage. Our bodies are in close contact, again. The bell rings and a bunch of students start running to their desks as they see the cages. Mrs. Lee walks up to the front of the classroom, "Students, these are butterflies. Your new project is to be raising them and watch them grow. You also have a notebook on the side of your desk to write down the growth of the butterflies. Some may grow slower than others, so this project won't be due until about a month and a half. Have fun."

Many gasps and chatter are coming from the students. Hyunjin clears his throat and moves his chair back further from mine. "Should we take turns writing?" I turn my head to him. Expectedly, he says, "I don't wanna take part. I'll just watch you." I sigh and take the notebook to write.

40 minutes later...

"Hey, Ri." Lee Know comes up to me and starts walking by my side. "Don't call me that." I cross my arms. Lee Know takes his arm and puts it around my shoulders. I ignore it. As we continue walking, he starts blabbing about how boring his math class was, like I cared. "Wanna sit with me at lunch, Nori?" He asks, still keeping his arm around me. I open my locker to get a drink of water, leaving his question on hold. When I finish drinking, I put my water bottle back in my locker and close it. I turn to Lee Know. He takes his arm off me. "I don't want to make out with you, Minho." I stare into his eyes. "I don't either." He raises his eyebrows.

Ouch. Another embarrassing encounter today. "What makes you think I wanna make out with you?" Lee Know giggles. He sees my serious face, "No offence.." I roll my eyes, "I don't know? Maybe because you're only talking to me since my skirt went up?" Lee Know leans on the lockers, "Nah. I just think you're cool because of what you said to Hyunjin after he tripped you. That "hot" comment was a joke." I nod my head and start walking to the cafeteria. I hear running footsteps coming from behind me, "Yah!" Lee Know grabs my shoulder and turns me around to face him. "Still wanna sit with me?" He asks, still leaving his hand on my shoulder. I roll my eyes, "Fine." Lee Know smirks.

When I arrived at the cafeteria, I followed Lee Know to his spot. I was expecting no one to be there, but there he was. Hyunjin.
I mean, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since they always hang out with each other. But Hyunjin and I are not on a good status right now.

"What's she doing here." Hyunjin puts down his fork. "I invited her. Be nice." Lee Know sits down, tapping the bench, signalling me to sit beside him. So I do.

First few minutes were awkward.

Suddenly, a food tray is slid in front of me. Felix takes a seat in front of me, beside Hyunjin. "That's funny. Does she ask you to buy her lunch everyday?" Hyunjin giggles. Felix looks offended, "No, I choose to buy her lunch everyday. She doesn't want me to but I still do." Hyunjin makes a face at Felix and continues to eat his food. "So, Ri, you gotta boyfriend?" Lee Know randomly blurts. I choke on my food and so does Hyunjin. Once I finish swallowing the food that was in my mouth, I look over to Lee Know. "No. Why do you wanna know?" He just shrugs his shoulders.

Felix rests his chin on his hand, "Not gonna lie, but you two look really cute together." Lee Know and I look at each other. He smirks at me. I then roll my eyes. "No they don't!" Hyunjin defends. "Ri, would you date him?" Felix moves his body closer to mine, waiting for an answer. "Uh, I guess?" I reply. Hyunjin scoffs, "As if. They would be an ugly couple. She could do better. Besides, Lee Know has so many other girls on the line for him." Lee Know says in an angry tone, "Yah! I would choose her over all the girls I've ever laid eyes on."

By those words, I can suddenly feel myself sweating. Am I blushing? I look down, trying to cover my face with my hair. "Ew, are you blushing?" Hyunjin remarks. I jolt my head back up, "What? No! Don't be ridiculous." Lee Know smiles as he nods his head side to side.

Suddenly, the bell rings. I get up from my seat and grab my tray. "I'm never sitting with you guys again." I say sarcastically.