chapter 4

So-Hi's POV:

A little bit after lunch, we soon ran out of water bottles to give out to people. I told the principal that we ran out and if we can get some more. He said that they have more in the storage room on the second floor. I walk back over to Hyunjin and tell him that we had to go inside to get more. "Can't you just get it yourself? I don't wanna walk that far." He complains. "Don't be such a bum. Get off your chair and let's go!" I stand in front of him with my hands on my hips. Hyunjin finally gets up and walks with me to the school.

Hyunjin stops on the stairs, "How far do we have to go? My legs are about to fall off."
"Chill, we have one more staircase to go. We're not even going fast. Is your laziness the reason you have to be at the water station?" I look back to him. "Yeah, and I'm guessing that's your reason too?" He catches up to me. "No, I just have asthma." I keep walking. Hyunjin nods his head and we arrive at the storage room.

This thing looks like a dump. The door also looks like it's broken. I look at Hyunjin and he rolls his eyes and opens the door. We walk inside and get the water, took a crate near the water bottles and used it to put everything in. Once we got the crates, we head to the door. Out of nowhere, the door shuts, creating a loud thud. Hyunjin's eyes widen and he drops the crate and runs to the door, pulling on it to try and unlock it. "Great, we're locked." He says as he turns around to face me.

Of course this had to happen. What're the odds. "What do we do?" I ask him. He sits down, "Nothing. Just wait I guess." I sit down far away from him, looking around. "Out of everyone I could've been locked in here with, I can't believe it's you." He looks annoyed. "Hey, I didn't choose to be here. Stop complaining because you're the last person I want to be stuck with." I face away from him. He speaks again, "You did force me to come here, though." I scoff and don't respond.

Like a blink of an eye, the door opens. Me and Hyunjin's head turn over to the door, looking at the person who opened it. "Oh, thanks, Felix." Hyunjin stands up. Without saying anything, I grab my crate and push my way through Felix. I run down the stairs and make my way outside to the water station and restock all the water bottles.

"Why are you so mad at Felix? What'd he do?" Hyunjin drops the crate on the table. "I don't know. We had a fight yesterday and he said some things that he knew hurt me. I refuse to talk to him after that." I sit myself back down.

Hyunjin and I sit in silence after that. "Are you gonna talk or what?" Hyunjin puts his focus on me. I ignore him, trying not to make eye contact. He notices me ignoring him so he continues to watch the athletes play.

4:15 PM

The bell rang and everyone's helping putting the things away from game day. Hyunjin and I put the canopy down and brought the chairs back inside. We didn't talk for the rest of the day. After today, Hyunjin's probably going to go back to the annoying doofus he always is. I grab my bag from my locker, put it over my shoulder, and head home.

7:30 AM

Schools starts in like half an hour and I'm currently on my kitchen island eating my breakfast. My parents left for work and I'm all alone. I start walking to school by 8:00 because it only takes me ten minutes and school starts at 8:15. After awhile, I grab my bag, put on my shoes, and I head out the front door.

First class today is biology since my math teacher isn't here today. Kind of happy though because I won't lose any hair from Hyunjin sitting behind me. I swear by the end of the year, I'll be bald. I walk into biology while walking lazily to my seat. A few minutes later, Hyunjin sits beside me. "Good morning, students. Your frogs are laid out on your table for you. Please continue doing your research." Mrs. Lee shouts.

I slide the frog tray over to me and I take my gloves and tweezers and start working on the frog. Instead of dozing off, Hyunjin's watching me this time. "Can you at least do something? Be helpful for once." I put down my tweezers. "I can't stand you." Hyunjin rolls his eyes and puts on a pair of gloves, taking the tray from me and putting it in front of him.

Suddenly, part of the frog starts squeezing out liquid and onto Hyunjin's uniform. "What the hell?!?" Hyunjin pushes the tray and gives it to me. I start laughing at him nonstop. He then takes back the frog tray and squeezes liquid on me. "Are you mental?" I get up from my chair and try wiping off the liquid from my uniform. I start screaming at Hyunjin and he keeps laughing.

The whole class flinches from a loud thud coming from the front of the room. "Ms. Shin and Mr. Hwang! Outside, on your knees and hands on your head! Now!" Hyunjin and I bow to her, apologizing as we leave the class. Outside of the classroom, Hyunjin and I kneel on both knees and put our hands on our heads. "This is all your fault." Hyunjin scoffs. I reply, offended, "My fault? You're the one who got in on their uniform first. And if you didn't have such anger issues, maybe you wouldn't have minded my laughter and minded your own business." I look away from Hyunjin and he looks at me.

"If it makes you feel better, you can slap me. Lightly." I turn around to see Hyunjin staring at me. "What?" I ask, confused. "You're clearly mad." Hyunjin says.

I slap him on his arm, hard. "I said lightly!" Hyunjin rubs his arm. "It was light." I laugh at him. "It wasn't!" Hyunjin gets annoyed. Our loud laughter echoes the hall.