chapter 12

Mentions of alcohol.

Nori's POV:

Something spills onto my shoulder and down my right arm. "Oh, shoot. Sorry about that." I look to my right and see Hyunjin. Drunk. He stands up tries to stand up straight, but he stumbles again. He tries to look at me, squinting his eyes. "No..Ri." He recognizes me. He tries to take another sip of his drink, but I grab it before it can reach his mouth. He makes a face at me. I put his cup down on the counter, "You're high. Let's go sit somewhere." I wrap my arm around his waist, and he puts his arm around my shoulders. I guide him to the living room couch and sit him down. Hyunjin sits down and starts to look sleepy. He slowly starts closing his eyes. As soon as he falls asleep, he slowly leans against me, and lays his head on my shoulder.

Shocked, I just sit there, frozen. Felix taps my shoulder, "Ri, it might not be a good idea to let him sleep while he's drunk." I quickly look back to Hyunjin and start shaking him to wake him up. He groans and sits himself up, "What?" I lift his head up, "You can't sleep right now. Go get yourself some water." He surprisingly listens to me and gets up. Hyunjin starts walking but he still stumbles. I quickly get up and run to him to guide him to the kitchen. As we reach the kitchen, I pour him some water in a cup and hand it to him. He takes a sip of the water and puts it down. I complain, "Finish it." Hyunjin rolls his eyes and chugs the water, finishing it. After he finishes, he gives me a drunk smile. He looks like a psychopath right now.

Just then, Chaerin comes up behind him. "What are you doing with him?" She shouts at me over the loud music. Chaerin takes Hyunjin and pulls him with her. Hyunjin starts whining and saying my name, trying to reach for me. I can't help but giggle. He looks so stupid when he's drunk. It's like he's completely lost conscious of where he is. 

7:50 AM

I get my uniform on and put my hair up in a ponytail. Once I get downstairs, I grab my house keys, put on my shoes, and open my front door. Suddenly, I see Hyunjin standing on my doormat. My eyebrows furrow in confusion, "What're you doing here?" He rocks himself back and forth, "Let's walk to school together." I take a step out of my door and close it behind me. "Okay." Without making eye contact, I walk past him and start making my way to school. He quickly runs up to me and walks by my side. "You were knocked out yesterday." I start laughing. Hyunjin smiles, "Oh yeah?" I laugh more, "Yeah, you were like a baby."

"Hey, thanks for taking care of me last night." He says, softly. "Oh, no worries." I smile at him.

When we made it to school, Hyunjin and I went our separate ways. I went to my locker to see Felix and a few of his friends standing in front of it. As I walked up to them, Felix noticed me. "Oh hey, Ri." He quickly moved himself to let me get to my locker. He takes his concentration off his friends, and onto me. "So, you and Hyunjin were walking to school together?" He wiggles his eyebrows up and down. "Yeah. He showed up at my front door out of nowhere." Felix giggles, "Maybe he has something for you." I look at him in disgust while closing my locker, "No way. Isn't he dating Chaerin?" He stands up straight, "Yeah? But who cares? He clearly has his attention on you."

I take a moment to think of it until Felix opens his mouth again, "He was so all over you at the party when you walked in. It's like he completely forgot about Chaerin." I scoff, "He was drunk. It probably meant nothing." As soon as Felix answers, the bell rings. We both wave to each other and head to class.

When I walk into my math class, Hyunjin is sitting on his chair with his head down on his desk. Once I take a seat where I usually sit in front of him, he quickly sits up.

Halfway through class, he starts playing around with my hair, brushing it with his fingers. "Your hair is so soft." Hyunjin whispers behind me. I can't help but let out a little smile.

He continued doing that for the whole class. I don't think he got any of his work done. When the bell rang and class was finished, Mrs. Jun called me over to talk to me, "You know Hwang Hyunjin? He's been failing class lately and his grades haven't been awesome. Since you're top of the class, I want you to help him in the library everyday during your P.E. class. Is that okay?" I nod my head, "Yeah, that's okay." Mrs. Jun smiles at me and puts her hand on my shoulder, "Thanks, Nori. I'll talk to him later about it." She took her hand off my shoulder and I walked out of the classroom.

Speed walking to my locker, Felix catches up to me. "Why'd you get out of class late?" He puts his arm around my shoulder. I turn my head to look at him, "Mrs. Jun wants me to tutor Hyunjin." Felix giggles, "I doubt he'll even listen to you." I scoff, "I know! That's why there's literally no point of doing it. He might as well just not even come." He pats my shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll talk to him about it. Who knows, maybe he'll listen. I mean, he does kind of like you." My face turns into disgust, "Ewww, stop saying that!" Felix giggles and goes to his class.