Purpose

Zim sighed, he had already felt exhausted before the stupid human had come over and disturbed him, but the interaction just seemed to tire him more.

His arms still hurt, but the pain seemed to be slowly fading. Zim didn't know how long he'd been asleep, though he'd thought his PAK would've been finished healing everything by now.

Wearily, he began to unwrap the bandages on his left hand, his green skin was stained with dried blood, making it have the effect of a pinkish hue.

Zim's claws trembled slightly, pain prickled as the bandage finally came off fully. He raised a brow at the injured hand, it hadn't really seemed to heal. That was weird, it should've been at least halfway done by now, it'd been around an hour or so since he'd injured them.

Hissing quietly, Zim retrieved a new roll of the bandages, and wove them around the exposed wrist. It's probably nothing, Zim's injuries had always taken longer to heal than other Irkens.

Finally, he clipped off the bandage, resting his arm. It lowered down to his side with careful grace.

Zim now stood before his TV and couch, everything around him seemed strange and lonely, he felt strange and lonely.

With his mission turning out to be fake, Zim found himself without purpose. There were no plans to make, no objectives to do, no goals to meet, there was nothing anymore.

Zim winced, Foodcourtia might've been better than this. At least he had a job to do, a purpose, even if it was just being a meekly service drone.

But now, he has nothing. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't even turn to his own leaders for orders. He was nothing, he didn't even have a home anymore.

He hadn't even gotten a real mission, he should be on a real invading mission, on an actual planet the tallest had planned, not this lump of dirt! They hadn't even known earth existed, he'd been invading the wrong planet from day one.

Zim felt his eyes beginning to threaten tears, he shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut, he'd already lost his purpose, his mission, his home, and so much more. He would be holding on to every last bit of his dignity.

Zim but back his tears as he began to stumble to the couch, his exhaustion still heavily present. Perhaps this would also speed up his healing.

Zim awoke to the sound of GIR screaming wildly in the kitchen, and for what he could smell, he'd guessed he was making waffles.

Zim groggily got up from the couch he'd rested on, He realised he'd also been sleeping with his boots on, it's whatever.

He made his way into the kitchen, where GIR was, as he'd predicted, cooking waffles.

He usually likes waffles, they were one of the few human foods Zim could eat without struggle or some sort of side effect.

"Goo'mornin masta!! " The robot greeted, while carrying a large plate with a waffle tower towards the table Zim was settling at.

"Morning, GIR. " Zim replied, his voice still sounded bleak and tired, as much as he disliked it.

The Irkens stared at the towered waffles that sat in front of him, he didn't feel hungry at all, and the waffles' unappetizing scent and appearance was starting to make him feel a slight bit sickly.

He watched as his SIR unit prepared more waffles, Zim felt a bit bad. Perhaps Minimoose would eat these instead?

Zim glanced around for his little moose, but he couldn't seem to spot him anywhere.

"Hay GIR, " Zim began, still glancing around the kitchen in hopes to spot a tiny purple, flying moose.

GIR turned to face his master, as to show he was listening.

"Where is Minimoose? " The Irkens asked, stopping to look back at GIR.

GIR hummed in thought for a few moments, his metallic hand up on his face in a thinking position, Zim didn't understand why he liked to do that so much.

"I don't know! " He replied, spitting his tongue out in a silly gesture.

Zim sighed lightly, he hadn't exactly expected too much from the robot, but it was still a bit annoying.

GIR continued cooking more of the waffles, while zim began picking at the already made ones in front of him.

Zim ignored the fact minimoose was missing, he had more important things to ponder on. Like what to do next.

He didn't know what to do, should he just leave earth entirely? The tallest said this was my new foodcourtia, my banishment. So it means I shouldn't leave, but would they really care if I left?

Probably not, as long as I stayed out of their path they wouldn't even notice.

But, something still urged him to stay on this filthy planet. Zim didn't know why, but he felt a sort of… attachment to the.. Earthly things.

Zim huffed a little, this was currently his only shelter, he'd have to put up with it.

"GIR! I'm going to the human skool today. Don't destroy the house while I'm gone. " Zim announced, standing up and beginning to walk out of the room.

Zim marched to the front door, but as he reached for the handle, he'd been reminded of the injury he'd gotten the night before.

With a little grunt, he began to check if it had healed yet, it should have by now.

But upon unwrapping the bandages, he'd found that, although the sounds had closed, it had scarred.

This was concerning, normally an irkens PAK is finished healing a injury like this in a few hours, but it had almost been a full day since he'd injured himself. Was there an error in his PAK?

Zim shook his head, he'd have to check when he got back from Skool.

He proceeded to change the bandages, he didn't even know if they were helping the healing process at all.

But he put them on anyway. It was admittedly easier to look at bandaged hands rather than scarred ones.

Once the irken had finished, he opened the door to his base, cold air hitting his skin and ruffling his uniform.

He didn't really even know why he was going, he didn't need to. He already knew everything that those filthy humans were learning, and now that Zim. didn't have a mission to fulfil, there was no need to go anymore.

But he still did. He didn't know why, but he was going to continue going to the filthy place.

With a final sigh, Zim left his base and headed to skool.